Chapter 46.

Kurt's POV.

Four days have passed since Amber left. There hasn't been another sighting of humans since then.

John has locked himself in his room. He refuses to come out. He told us he rejected Amelia.

I wish there was just something I could do to help him, but I have no idea what I could possibly do.

I don't know what to do with this human survivor. The one that attacked John.

I don't know what to do with him. Gosh, this stuff is insane. Sometimes I wonder how this ever came to be our lives.

Tonight I'm going to run the pack borders with a few guards. Better to let my main guards rest some.

They've been doing a lot of over time for me. It's only fair I pay them back and let them get a full nights sleep.

Cassandra wanted to join me, but I told her I want her to stay within reach of my mother in case something were to happen.

The two of them would be safe and protected. It means a lot to me to know that they are safe.

An idea comes to my mind. I know a deal I can make the human prisoner. I get up and leave my office.

I start to make my way to the door of the pack house. Bète Rick is currently talking to John.

I stopped in my tracks. This is the first time I've seen John out of his house since he rejected Amelia.

He still had some burns on his face and his arm was in a cast still. He shouldn't be up.

I walk up to them. " Hello John, Bète Rick. " I say.

They look at me. They vie their heads in respect. " Alpha. " they say.

I turn my head to John. " It's good to see you up and about. What brings you here today?" I ask.

" I need something to do. Staying home is not going to do me any good. I know I should be resting and I know I can't do usual work. Is there anything I can do?" Asks John.

I smile. " Well I was just about to inform Bète Rick here, that I am on my way to the packs prison to strike a deal with our human prisoner. Would you like to join me?" I ask.

John looks hesitant for a moment and I know is because Amelia is there, but she's two levels down from this human.

" Yes, I'll join you. " says John.

I smile and look at Bète Rick. " I'll keep watch of the pack house for you until you return. " he says.

" Thank you. " John's Nd I then walk out of the pack house in the direction of the packs prison.

" What kind of deal are you wanting to make with him?" Asks John.

" None Of his friends have shown up yet. I figured they would if we brought him along and they saw he was ok. He may be able to drop them from attacking our pack and if he manages to do that and they leave to never return. I will be willing to pardon him and let him go free with his friends and family. " I say.

John thinks about it for a second. " That's a pretty good deal. I know I'd take it. " says John.

I smile. The two of us walk into the pack prison. He's on the top level because he's human. There's way less chance of him escaping out of our cells that are meant to hold wolves.

He's in cell number three. John's and I walk up to the cell. " Hello Jim. " I say.

His head shoots up and he looks over to us. He looks and instantly is on his feet. " Alpha. " he says.

His eyes then look over at John. Guilt fills his eyes. He sees the injuries that John had and winced at them.

" So you are the wolf we attacked. " he says.

John's nods. " The names John. " says John.

" I'm so sorry for what we did. For what I did. I honestly didn't think you were a werewolf. I thought you were just a regular wolf and I tried to defend myself. I'm so sorry. I never meant for all this to happen. " he says.

" I know. The way you fought was in self defense. I hold nothing against you. " says John.

" Will you be ok?" Asks Jim.

" Everything will heal. I just won't be able to use my wrist fully ever again. " says John.

Jim nods, but doesn't say anything else. " I can to offer you a deal. " I say.

He looks over at me. " I am willing to pardon you if you help me I'm stopping your friends from attacking this pack and causing more harm. " I say.

" You're offering to set me free, after all I did?" He Asks.

I nod. " You have a family too, right?" I say.

He nods. " A wife and two kids. " he says.

" Then help me with what I am planning tonight and if it all works out, you will be free to leave this pack. As long as you and your friends never return and you never tell anyone about this place. Ever!" I say.

He nods furiously. " I'll do anything to help. " he says.

" Good. I'm going on a run tonight around the packs birders. I'm bringing you with me. Your friends have yet to show themselves. I figured if they saw you and knew you were ok. They would show themselves and you could talk them down from what they are planning and we all just go about our ways. No death, no one hurt. " I say.

" If you think that'll work. I'll try anything. " he says.

I smile. Good, we got him on our side now. Let's just hope this works and we can avoid further bloodshed.

They is the last thing we need. I got John helping me and a human. Tonight will be stressful, but let's just hope this all works out.

Comment and vote.

A/N. Hey guys. Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Sorry it took so long to get out. I've been so busy and going through some stuff. I'm doing better now and decided to finally get a chapter out. Hope you enjoyed. Not sure who's POV I'll do next. Until then. :-)