Chapter 12.

Amelia's POV.

It's a sunny day outside. Everything seems sad though. It's like there's a feeling of despair in the air.

I'm not surprised about it though. Alpha George was a great Alpha. I do miss him a lot and I only knew him for a short while.

He took me in and I'll always be grateful for that. It's been hard on John. He broke down crying the night after it happened when we were alone.

I'd never seen him cry before. It was different and something I never thought I'd see. I didn't know how to comfort him.

I've never been close to someone before. I tried my best though. He was happy to have me around. He told me about times they had with Alpha George.

There were cute stories, funny ones and even some scary ones that showed his Alpha's power. He even sent me a few memories.

It was incredible to see him in action. I'm currently on a walk through the pack. It's been boring sitting at home doing nothing.

I want to help, but I've only just became a member of the pack. I don't think I'd be allowed to help just yet.

As I walk by I'm given strange looks by other pack members. Some glare at me with hatred, others with looks of disgust.

I guess it's because I used to be a rogue. I know what their feeling. I felt the same way about wolves in packs. Now that I'm in one I don't feel like that towards them anymore.

I head over to the pack house. I walk in and head over to the Alpha's office. I want to speak with Alpha Kurt and see if there's anything I can do to help out.

However, Kurt is not the one I find in the Alpha's office. It's Alpha George's mate.

She is currently sitting in the chair behind the desk clutching a shirt that must have been Alpha George's.

The room was dark, but thanks to my werewolf senses I can see. She is currently crying. I feel like I shouldn't be here. I turn to leave.

" Amelia. " her voice was low and steady. I turn to look at her.

" I'm sorry. I didn't mean to disturb you. I was actually looking for Alpha Kurt. " I say.

She wipes her face. " He's gone out to help search houses for anything. " she says.

I think of leaving, but then I get an idea. " Would you like some company Luna?" I ask.

She smiles warmly at me. " I would love that." She says.

I walk up and sit down in the chair across from her. She flicks on a lamp. " So if you don't mind me asking, what were you doing in here all alone during this time?" I ask.

She just looks up at me and tears are still pouring down her cheeks. " I miss him Amelia. So much. It's like my heart has been ripped out of my chest. I can't stand it sometimes, so I come into his office and hold something that carries his scent. It makes me feel close to him. " she says.

" I'm so sorry for your loss. He was a great Alpha. He didn't deserve that, you don't deserve this pain. " I say.

" I know. This is harder then anything I've ever gone through. I thought raising my son was hard." She then laughed. " I was wrong. It was hard, but not as hard as this. "

I nod. " I know part of what your feeling. I've never lost a mate before, but I have gone through loss. " I say.

She looks at me confused and concerned. " Your family?" She asks.

I nod. " I lost my family. We were kicked out of our pack. They were killed by rogues and I was left all alone at a young age. " I say.

" I'm so sorry you had to go through that honey. " she says.

" Its ok. " I say. I smile at her. " Of course I miss them, but I have a new family right here. "

She smiles at me. " George was the sweetest man I've ever known. I still remember the joy on his face the day I told him I was pregnant with Kurt. I'll never forget what he said. He told me, I don't care what gender this baby is. I promise you that from this day forth I will do everything in my power to protect this child, "

I nod. " He sounds like he was a very sweet man. " I say.

" Oh he was. He was also very strong, protective, loving, everything you needed to be a perfect leader. He had it. " she says. She lifts up the shirt and sniffs it. A sob then leaves her.

" Gosh I miss him!!" She cries. I don't say anything. I simply offer my support as we sit there.

A guard passed the door and I manage to get him to go get her a small plate of fruit and some water.

She probably hasn't eaten all day. He soon comes back and hands it to me. I walk it over to her and set it in front of her.

She looks up at me and then at the plate of food. " You look like you could be hungry. I thought you might like some food." I say.

" That's very sweet of you. Thank you Amelia. " she says. She starts to eat. Good, Alpha Kurt will like knowing that his mother has eaten today.

I stay a while longer with her before I say goodbye. She hugs me and thanks me for the company before I leave.

I told her if she needs me at any time to let me know and I will be there for her.

As I'm walking home I can't help the feeling I get in my stomach. I can't place what it is. It appeared every time she spoke about Alpha George. It's probably sorrow from losing him.

I'll figure it out later. For now I'm just going to focus on getting back to my new home.

Comment and vote.

A/N. Hey guys. Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Not sure who's POV I'm going to do next. It won't be to long before I post the next chapter. Until then. :-)