Chapter 15.

Bète Rick's POV.

I hate that this is happening. I hate what my daughter is having to go through.

She's determined though. She ready to take this job of being Luna head on and that fills me with nothing, but the feeling of pride.

I'm so proud of her. She's going to be a great Luna. The best one ever. We just finished eating. She is currently sitting in her seat still and looks to be in deep thought.

I hate to see her go, but she needs this. She needs something to get her mind off of things for a little while. It's going to be a big job running the pack by herself.

She can handle it though. I know she can. I stand and walk up behind her. " We're going to meet at the pack meeting room in one hour. I'll see you there. " I say.

She nods and I then kiss her head before turning and walking away. I leave the house and head towards the pack house.

I need to talk to Alpha Kurt about something. I feel without Alpha George I don't quite fit as Bète anymore. It time for John to take charge.

Alpha George was the best to my family and I. I'm taking his death pretty hard. I'm not showing it though so I can be strong for my family.

Conan and Fenris and I were the best of friends. For a long time we were all each other had. We tried to find other packs, but nothing seemed to work.

They didn't want us so we made our own, the positions our parents had before they were killed.

When I first met Alpha George we were just starting our pack....

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

( Bète Ricks POV in the memory. )

' Rick get your butt to the pack house and hurry!' Says the voice of my friend Conan.

Alpha Conan, that's going to take some getting used to. ' Why, what's going on?' I ask back through the mind link.

' I'll tell you when you get here. Fenris is on his way too. ' says Conan.

' Ok, I'm on my way. ' I say. I was as my wolf patrolling our new pack grounds. I took off running towards the pack house area.

As I made it there I shifted back and changed into clothes I had laying to the side. I then walk towards the door just as Fenris shows up.

He smiles when he sees me. " He call you too I see."

" Yup, can't disobey an Alpha's orders now can I." I say back.

He laughs and the two of us walk in together. We find Conan on the pack meeting room.

We take our seats and wait for him to speak. " To help us grow our pack a Alpha from the pack next to us is coming here for a visit. He should be here in the next hour. " says Conan.

" What's his name?" I ask.

" He goes by Alpha George. He and his mate along with a few guards will spend a night here and teach us how to run a pack tomorrow. " says Conan.

We both nod. " What do you need us to do?" Asks Fenris.

Cons looks at Fenris. " I want you to go make sure we have guest rooms ready. " says Conan.

Fenris nodded and walked off. He then turned towards me. " I want you by my side when we greet them. " he said.

I nod. " we need to make a good impression. It's very important. " says Conan.

I nod in response. We wait the hour until we hear a noise outside. It's Alpha George. We head outside into the front steps and wait.

When we get the first view of him I felt a strong wave of power flood towards us. It was strong and very intimidating.

He walked up and smiled at us. " Hello Alpha Conan. So great to finally meet you in person. " he then looks at me. He didn't size me up or look at me like I'm a threat like most Alpha's I've meet have. " You must be Bète Rick. It's an honor to meet you. "

My eyes widen. " Uh... t-thank you Alpha." I say.

He looks concerned then. " Did I say something wrong?" He asks.

" No Alpha George. We've had our differences with others Alpha's. They always looked at us with nothing, but hate. Always spoke to us like we were trash. He's just surprised another Alpha is being nice to him. " says Conan.

Alpha George's eyes widened for a second. He nodded. " I understand. I'm sorry if I brought you any discomfort. That was not my intention. " says Alpha George.

I smile at him instead. " Never apologize for being nice Sir. It's very nice to meet you. " I Say.

That's makes him relax a little and smile. " I would love to know more about both of your back stories when we have the time. " says Alpha George.

We nodded and the rest of the day went fine.

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

( End of memory. )

Alpha George was the first Alpha I ever met who was nothing, but kind to me.

I miss him so much. As I make it to the door to the pack house I stop in my tracks.

I feel like I don't need to talk to Alpha Kurt. My senses are telling me not to.

I don't quite understand it. ' I don't think you should talk to Alpha Kurt about giving your spot to John just yet. ' says my wolf.

' Why? This doesn't make sense?' I say back.

' You and I both know that this doesn't feel right. We owe it to Alpha George to stay as Bète until him murder is solved at least. ' says my wolf.

He is right. I do feel like that. It doesn't feel right. John is ready. I know he is, but something is telling me, not yet.

' Ok, I'm trusting you. ' I say.

' Have I ever steered you wrong?' He asks and I could almost feel him smiling. I grin and manage a small laugh.

' No you haven't. ' I say back. I then decide where to go. I turn and head to Alpha George's grave.

I miss him, but I promise I will do whatever I can to help solve his murder and I won't stop until that person is in custody and that person will pay for what they did. That I promise.

Comment and vote.

A/N. Hey guys. Two chapters is one day. Woo!! Lol. Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and the little memory. There will be a few more of those in chapters to come. Let me know who's POV you guys want next. Until then enjoy.