Chapter 59.

John's POV.

It's been over a week now and I have barely moved from my bed. My mother has been taking care of me.

I just don't have the want to do anything. Amber has tried to contact me, but I never respond.

I haven't spoken a word since I lost Amelia. I can barely think her name without feeling a sharp pain in my chest.

The most I move is to take a shower or use the restroom. I have barely eaten anything. My mother has tried everything, but she's very patient with me.

I thank her for that. I know I'm not easy to deal with, but I just don't have the want to do anything. I feel like there's no need for me too now.

After a few hours have passed before there's a knock on my door. The door then opens and my mother walks in.

She sit by me on the bed and runs a hand through my hair. " My sweet bay. I'm so sorry you're having to go through this. " she says.

I don't say a word. I don't even move my eyes to look at her. I don't have the want to.

" There's a guest just beyond that door that wants to see you. She even has an offer to make you. " she says.

I still don't say a word. " I'll let her in. She won't take long, ok?"

I finally move my eyes towards her and she takes that as a yes. She leave the room and seconds later another person walks in.

It's Alpha Grace. She smiles sadly when she sees me. I look away. " Hey John. Heard you're going through a rough time. Thought I could be of some help. " she says sitting down on the edge of the bed.

When I don't respond she starts to talk. " When I first realized the real person my mate was, I was crushed, just how you were when you found out Amelia was the spy. I know this is hard, but you have to be strong. " she says.

I still don't respond, but the pain in my chest flares up again. " When I rejected him, I thought that was it, but even after everything he did to me, I still loved him. When you reject your mate and you still love them, it's not a real rejection. You merely put up a wall between you two. The same happened with me and my mate. " she said.

Even though my chest is hurting, I look over at her. She's not even looking at me. That makes me feel better.

" His name was Oliver. He was so kind and sweet when I met him, but all that changed the first time he got mad. That was the first time he hit me. I didn't know what to do at the time. I thought it was a one time thing. I was wrong. Every time he got mad he would hit me. If things weren't done how he wanted it, he hit me. Sometimes he went to hang out with his friends and when he got back he would be intoxicated and the first time that happened, was the first time he beat me. " she said.

I felt anger fill me. No mate should ever beat their mate. " It only got worse from there. He tried to make up for it. He loved me. He said so, but he was a liar. I loved him though. All my friends were telling me to reject him, but my parents were forcing me to stay. I never had a choice for a long time. After two years I decided to leave in the middle of the night. He found out and we got in a bad argument. I rejected him that night and ran. He found me at another pack three months later and we fought. I killed him. " she said looking at me now.

" I've never felt so horrible before then I did in that moment. My family disowned me and they banished me from my pack. That's when I ran and started my pack. I spent so many night like you are now. Not saying a word, barely taking care of myself. I spent two and a half days hidden under a huge rock. Just laying by there doing nothing. That's when two rogues found me. " she said.

All I could do was listen. She was telling me her life story pretty much. " They had gone through stuff like I had. One had her mate killed by rogues and was abandoned by her pack. The other was a male. He was blamed for beating his mate when he never touched her. She was murdered and they blamed him and banished him from his pack. They helped me through everything and the three of us made the pack we have now for rejected and abused wolves. " she said.

I looked at her with a small smile. " Meeting them was the best thing that could have happened to me at that time. I gained a family. A great one and we created the pack we have now. He became my Bète and she is my third in command. Our pack is strong. " she says.

I nod in response. " I know it's hard right now John. I'm leaving for my pack tomorrow and hoping to cover more ground in finding Connor of the way. I have an offer to make you. " she says.

I give her a look of confusion. " I know you don't want to stay in this pack. To many memories. To much stress. So much heartbreak. " she said.

I nodded in response. " I want to take you with me to my pack. I think it would do you some good to get away from everything and essentially start over. Would you like to join me?" She asked.

My eyes widen. I want nothing more then to leave this pack and get away. " I've already talked it over w out h Alpha Kurt, and your parents. Even Amber thinks it's good idea and they are all for it. It's up to you. " she says.

I think it over for a few minutes and during that time she sits patiently. I finally look at her once I have made up my mind.

" I'll go. "

Comment and vote.

A/N. Hey guys. Hope you enjoyed this chapter. John will get some good in his life coming soon. Not sure who's POV next. Until next time. Enjoy :-).