Chapter 54.

Amber's POV.

I swear it's one bad news announcement after another. I just got work from Kurt.

There had been an attack at their pack and Fenris himself was there. They murdered Amelia in cold blood.

My brother is grieving. He's hurting and there's nothing I can do from here and that majorly ticks me off.

We have all the maps laid out. We're going through everything trying to figure out where Connor and the rogues could have run off to.

So far we have nothing, but I'm not giving up that easily. The Boss Rogue deliberately planned those attacks at the same time today.

He knew this would send us crazy. Somehow he's knowing every move we're making, but there's no way that's possible.

He doesn't have his spy anymore. Heck, he just killed her. How could he possibly know what we're doing or where we will be?

It's not three in the morning and I have yet to leave the room where we laid out the maps.

Everyone else got tired so I sent them off to bed to sleep. As I'm working I can only hear the sound of my own breathing and the ticking of the clock on the wall in the corner of the room.

I am studying theses maps front to back, making sure I know every inch of this lands around my pack and every pack around. I'm checking for anywhere a hideout could be, where they could have set up camp, or see if the direction they went leads to a pack.

They won't get away with this. I won't let them.

" You need sleep. " says a voice.

I freeze and look up. There stood Alpha Conan. " I'll sleep when this is over. " I say looking back at the maps.

" Amber, this is the first night since we found out and running yourself into the ground isn't going to do you good. I know, I've done it. " he says.

I sigh. " I don't know if I can sleep Alpha. " I say.

" Conan. " he says.

I look up at him with a look of confusion. " I am no longer an Alpha. Just call me Conan. " says Conan.

I chuckle. " I'll try. No guarantee it will stick. " I say.

He laughs. " Thanks fair. " he replies. I just managed a smile and sat back into a chair right behind me.

I ran a hand through my hair. It was getting pretty long. I think I should make a stop by a hair dresser and see what we can do.

He sighs and shakes his head. " Nope, this won't do. Come with me. " he then turns and walks out.

I growl a bit in anger about having to leave, but I still get up and follow him out into the hall and down to the kitchen.

" Sit. " he say.

I nod and sit on the bar stool and watched as he made his way around the kitchen.

" Connor and I may have had our differences, but I loved him more then anything and sometimes when Connor would have a hard day at school and be stress, I would make him something special. " he said looking at me.

I sit forward, a little intrigued now that he mentioned this. He smiled. " Got your attention I see." He said.

I smile. " Just a bit. "

He laughs. He brings out peanut butter and jelly. He puts a bunch in a bowl and mixes it up. Then he grabs some honey and drizzles some in the bowl as well before he mixes that up too.

He then grabs some bagel folks in the freezer and warms them up in the microwave. When they are done he takes it out and spreads the mixture over the bagels after he had cut them open.

He then grabbed a cup and poured a glass of tea from in the fridge and laid it in front of me.

He even made some for himself. I look down at it with confusion and curiosity. I've never tried those three things mixed together before and to be honest, I'm not a big fan of honey.

I'll try it though. I pick up a half of a bagel and take a bit. My eyes widen in surprise. It tastes amazing. I hear a laugh and look at Alpha Conan.

" Good right?" He Asks.

I nod. " It really is. Thank you sir. " I say.

He smiles. " Connor loved this growing up. I used to get up with him in the middle of the night and make this for him when he'd come to his mother and I about bad dreams. This always seemed to calm his nerves. I figured it could do the same for you. " he says.

I smile at his. " You raised a good kid Alpha Conan. The best person I've ever met. " I say.

" o know times seem hard now and today may have been one of the most difficult day you will ever have, but just know this. Hard times don't last forever. Things will look up and Connor will return to us. I have no doubt. He's strong. Just like his mother. " says Alpha Conan.

I smile. The two of us continue to eat and drink our drinks in a comfortable silence that neither of us wanted to break.

Finally we finished and he took the dishes and out them away. " Thank you Alpha Conan. I really needed that. " I said.

" Anytime Amber. I'm glad I could help. " he says.

I then feel myself grow so tired. He smirks. " That treat always made Connor sleepy too. Come on kiddo, time for bed. " he said.

I couldn't help the smile that came to my face when he called me that. We're making progress and bonding in our own way.

" Yes sir. " I say with a mock salute. He laughs and proceeds to walk me to Connor's old room.

" Gets some rest Amber. We will figure this out tomorrow. " he says.

I nod and can't help it. I run and hug him. He looks so startled for a minute before he smiles and hugs me back.

" Thank you again. " I say.

He just nods and smiles warmly. " Good night Amber. " he says.

" Good night Conan. " I say. That makes him laugh a little before I skip into the room and close the door behind me.

I quickly change and go to the bathroom to brush my teeth and comb my hair.

I then grab one of Connor's sweat shirts and slip it on. Enjoying his scent that's still there.

I walk over to the bed and quickly lay down and snuggle into the blankets. What Alpha Conan did sure helped me relax. Looks like there in a sweet, caring, fatherly side to him after all.

It makes me happy that I finally got to see it. I only wish Connor was here to enjoy it with us.

Alpha Conan is right. We will figure things out tomorrow. I'm too tired to do anything else right now.

I simply just close my eyes, breath in Connor's scent and let myself fall into the hands of sleep.

Comment and vote.

A/N. Hey guys. Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Today has been a good day for me. The best I've had in months. Getting to write and post this made it better. The next chapter will be in Connor's POV. Until next time :-).