Chapter 61.

Amber's POV.

A week had gone by and we hadn't been able to do much more then signal out a place the rogues could be hiding. A large patch of woods close to the next pack.

I did figure out the pack it was closest to. Alpha Ronan's. I highly doubt it would be him. He is very strict on rogues.

I can't rule anyone out though, so if there is nothing in the woods, then we will make a stop by Alpha Ronan's pack and ask a few questions.

As Luna my responsibility is to this pack, so I cannot leave to go search the woods myself.

Instead I have sent out Alpha Conan, Clayton and a group of pack guards. So while they look, I have a plan for myself.

I am going to go buy that mug I wanted, only after I go and get myself a hair cut. I needs it. My hair is getting too long.

They left early this morning to go check the woods. I have left the pack house and started walking down the path towards the town.

There were more people on the streets. More people had come to me about starting a business or about reopening their old one.

I told them to go ahead and let's do it. They were so happy and thrilled. People are now in the empty buildings setting up for their opening day.

Things were being cleaned. Boards were being taken off windows and people were just grinning and waving at all who passed.

They were too happy to care about who it was. I greeted everyone as I made my way to the hairdresser.

I walked in to see her finishing up on a lady. Instead of getting her attention, I go and sit down in the waiting room chair.

I decide to take that time and contact my father. ' Hey dad.' I say.

His reply is instant. ' Amber, it's so good to hear your voice. '

' How John holding up?' I ask.

' He hasn't spoken a word. Alpha Grace mentioned taking him with her to her pack today and he agreed. She won't say if he spoke or not. '

' She's probably not telling for his sake. She knows how to deal with this type of thing best. ' I say.

' Yeah, you're probably right. I'm just worried for him. ' says my father.

' I know. I am too. He will pull through though. He's strong. ' I say.

' Yeah he is. How are you doing?' He asks.

' I'm as decent as I can be right now. I miss him dad. So much. ' I say.

' I know you do. Don't worry. We will get him back. ' says my father.

I nod in response, a lone tear rolled down my face. ' I miss you all. ' I say.

' We miss you too Amber. You know, I never dreamt this would happen. That my children would have to go through this. I'm sorry this all has happened. I know I'm to blame for part of this and I'm so sorry Amber. ' says my father.

' It's not your fault dad. You did what anyone would have done. ' I said.

' I still could have stopped this by just being there for Fenris when he lost his mate and child.  Instead I wasn't and his loss festered into hate and made him who he is today. I know it's not all my fault, but I've played a part in this and I intend to make it right. ' says my father.

' Dad, don't do anything stupid. We still need you. ' I say.

' Don't worry sweetheart. I know what I'm doing. ' says my father.

' Ok. I love you dad. Got to go though. ' I say.

We say our goodbyes before going our separate ways in a way. " Luna Amber. You're up next. "

I walk up and sit in the chair. I offer a kind greeting as the cloth is out around me. " What kind of hair style are you looking for sweetie?" She asks.

" I was hoping to get this mess of hair cut to shoulder length. Not to short, but still enough to put up if I needed to. " I say.

" That would look so beautiful on you. Let's get started shall we. " and so the haircut commenced.

But by bit my hair was cut to shoulder length. I could instantly feel relief now that it wasn't so much to deal with, but I could also feel the new bout of confidence at having a new look.

She worked and worked. Using a hot iron to straighten my hair as she went along. Once she was done I could only stare at my reflection with amazement.

This looked so beautiful. It made me look more older, like the Luna everyone sees me as now.

I couldn't help the huge grin that came across my face. I got up and turned towards her. " This is so beautiful. I love it so much. Thank you. " I say.

She was thrilled to hear that. We talked for a long while before I paid for the hair cut and left to go collect my mug.

Everyone was giving me compliments left and right about how good the hair cut was.

I walked in and bought my mug. It was the perfect size for coffee. He had been saving it for me.

I bought it at full price against his heavy protest that I get it at least half off.

Once I was finished I went back to the pack house and went straight to the bathroom to take another look at myself in the mirror.

It's been so long since I had any type of hair cut aside from cutting off split ends.

I just adore the way it looks and I can still put it up if I want. Today has started off as a good day and I hope to keep it that way.

I then turn and start to walk away, finishing up what I hope will be a good day.

Comment and vote.

A/N. Hey guys. Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Figured we could give Amber a soft happy chapter. The next chapter will be in Aloha Conan's POV. Until next time guys, enjoy. :-).

This is Amber's new hair cut