Chapter 8.

Amber's POV.

Alpha Conan and I make it to the pack meeting room where we see the other teams are there waiting for us.

Kurt looks angry. He must not have found anything just like us. He looks up at me as we enter the room and all I have to do is shake my head.

He nods. " Well this is a start. " he says standing up.

He walks out into the middle of the room. " we haven't even found so much as a footprint or even a scent. We searched the entire pack. Every inch of it and found nothing. Whoever did this knew what they were doing. " says Kurt.

Tasha has gone with Kurt to search. She looks disappointed as well. " Ok, well all things aside. Good work out there today. Thank you for your help. Tonight I'm going to send out a mind link to the pack and let them know that we will be searching each and every house and shop in this pack. " says Kurt.

They all nodded. " You can all go and rest tonight, but before you leave you can eat in the pack dinning room. " says Kurt.

No one really says anything. They just nod and silently walk out of the room. I stay and look at Kurt. He's alone right now. Cassandra must be helping with the cooking.

I walk up to him. He's so tense and I can feel his power coming off of him.

" Kurt." I say. He turns to look at me and I can see there are tears in his eyes that he is trying not to let fall.

I sigh and hug him. He stands still for a minute before he hugs me tightly. " Thank you Amber. " he says.

" I'll help you anyway I can with this manhunt. Whoever did this will be brought to justice. " I say.

" Connor will be found. I promise you Amber. I will do everything in my power to find him. " says Kurt.

I smile and back up. " Come, lets go eat." I say.

He goes to say something, but he then decides not to. His look diminishes a little and he smiles.

" Alpha Conan talked to you about something. I can see it on your face. " he says.

" You were always good at that. Yes we talked about something. " I say.

" He wants you to go with him when he leaves. " he says.

I nod. " He's stepping down as Alpha and wants me to become Luna and take over the pack. " I say.

His look brightens and he grins. " That's amazing Amber. You said yes right?" He said.

I nod. " Yes, I agreed. I'll be leaving with him at the end of the week and continue the search for your fathers killer and my mate from there. " I say.

" More ground to cover. Good thinking Amber. I'm happy for you. Connor would be proud. " he says.

I smile, but my look darkens. " He will be ok. You still have your bond. You know deep down he's ok. If he was anything other then that. You'd know. " he says.

I nod in reply. We walk to go eat and I part ways a few minutes later. I leave the pack house and walk back to my house. It's lonely walking alone without Connor.

I miss him so much. His smell, his smile, his love and passion for helping others, his voice, and his radiant blue eyes. Man I miss his eyes.

I walk behind the house once I make it back and head over to Connor's spot. I lay down in the beam of moonlight shinning through the trees now.

I stare ups at the stars. It was one of the most beautiful views I have ever seen. I hope Connor is ok.

I close my eyes and imagine meeting him again. I go through that memory again. Seeing his wolf for the first time, seeing him for the first time.

He was so protective of me. I didn't know why until later. He is the best mate I could ever have asked for. I really want to feel his touch right now.

I want to lay here under the stores with him. I feel my stomach growl with hunger, but refuse to get up. Connor's scent still lingers here.

It makes him feel closer to me. I turn on my side and my hand grips the growing grass. I feel my eyes start to sting from tears.

I close my eyes to try and fight them back. Then I hear the mind link sent out by Kurt.

' Attention pack member. As we continue our search through the pack we will be search everyone's house and every shop in town. I apologize about this, but this is a grave matter that must be felt with. It will begin tomorrow morning. Have a good night.'

With that his mind link was gone. I don't even know how to tell my parents that I'm leaving the pack in a week, or my best friend.

I sigh and turn back into my back and stare into the sky. The urge to cry is gone, but the loneliness is still there. It's like a black pit sucking me in.

It's something only Connor can fix. I just close my eyes and try to sleep. I feel comfortable here. Almost safe.

It almost feels like Connor is around. I know he isn't though.

Connor has had to deal with so much for so long. Now he's got to deal with being kidnapped by someone.

I don't even know who that someone could be. I know for sure though that I was them gone for good. This person took Connor's from me and took our Alpha from us. Alpha George will never be forgotten.

I growl in anger. " I promise you Connor. I will find you. I won't let you be held captive forever. You won't die at the hands of an Alpha murderer. I will find you. "

Comment and vote.

A/N. Hey guys. I know it's been a while. I've been busy with work. Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter though. I will update again soon. The next chapter will be in John's POV. Until then.