44. Convergence (II)

"JUST WHAT KIND OF SITUATION IS THIS!!" Lee Hyunjin screamed as he bolted through the trees.

Why was there a fiery demon horse chasing him? And that winged griffin lion thing??

Lee Hyunjin had wanted to try running whilst channeling the spirit to his feet, he got off Zeiha's back and ran along side him.

Lee Hyunjin was already fast but with spirit running through his limbs he was even faster, still compared to Zeiha he was simply a sloth so Zeiha slowed down and ran next to him.

Channeling spirit to his feet so he could run faster and with less pain was only one of the three things he'd practiced the past few days.

He practiced absorbing spirit (instead of directly eating the plants) and he also practiced releasing it from his body.

With his spirit veins open, he found it was so much more easier to do both and there was no pain or discomfort no matter what spirit he absorbed.

Lee Hyunjin was really happy, he felt like he'd gotten stronger, strong enough to be little bit of a better guardian to the kids.

He was so happy he forgot that perhaps the people in the village wouldn't be so welcoming and so he was given a huge shock when he saw a number of armed people glaring at him like he'd set their houses on fire last night.

He was properly scared now

Lee Hyunjin didn't waste time turning back into the forest and shouting to Zeiha to do the same.

They ran instantly leaving the other people nothing but a view of their retreating backs.

On the other side;
Levi, "Artemis lets—

Surprisingly Kim Jaehyun moved first along with Cerberus. The two of them didn't hesitate to give chase.

He saw the grey tiger split off from the young man with the white spotted cats in another direction, while the barefoot young man weaved through the trees as if this was what he trained for all his life.

Kim Jaehyun chased after him, finding it a bit difficult to manoeuvre through the thick branches that were twisted together.

Cerberus followed beside him, no one could see it but there was a look of amusement covering his face. Master, shall we pick up the pace? It'll be faster if we burn through the-

"No burning," Kim Jaehyun said. There was no need to go to that extent. Kim Jaehyun didn't even need Spirit to catch up it was just that the branches were in the way and the person he was chasing was clearly adapted to the environment.

Meanwhile Cerberus observed his master silently. His eyes turned forward to the person they were chasing. Fate is a funny thing isn't it.

Tired of running around, Kim Jaehyun bolstered his speed with spirit and drew out his staff, he cut through the branches blocking his path and when he had a clear view of Lee Hyunjin, he launched the staff.

Lee Hyunjin who was praying to everything he could pray to for an escape stopped dead when he felt something blast passed him, his knees went weak as he saw the staff that impaled the tree with so much force it blasted a hole through it and the next two trees infront of it.