45. Convergence (III)

(A/N: let's enjoy another chapter of Jaehyun and Haejin having mental breakdowns 🤩)
.
.
.
.

Lee Hyunjin bit his lip as he silently followed behind Prince Levi and his party. He didn't know what was going to happen but he was also relieved that they agreed not to hurt him and his family.

In the meantime, Lee Hyunjin scoured his memories for a glimpse of this person who claimed to be his hyung but he really couldn't find anything. Is it finally catching up to me... Lee Hyunjin sighed. His head hurt a little bit so he stopped trying.

When they arrived at the inn, Park Haejin was carried to her room. Prince Levi examined herand found that she actually had a fever.

Levi returned to the inn reception where Lee Hyunjin was waiting silently with the kids and Zeiha gathered around him like anxious children.

Lee Hyunjin asked, "is that lady alright?"

Levi still had askance in his gaze when he looked at Lee Hyunjin but he answered him nonetheless, "she has a mild fever, nothing too serious," as he answered he directed Hyunjin up the stairs to where the rooms were.

Kim Jaehyun wasn't the only one who recognised Lee Hyunjin. Prince Levi did to, he had always been praised for his impeccable memory. He recognised Lee Hyunjin as the fifth summoned person that was cast away. The fulfilment of one of the prophecies. There were many things he was curious about after seeing him emerge from the poison forest.

"That's a relief," Lee Hyunjin sighed and followed him, "I hope she gets well soon."

"You may pick any room that is unoccupied and rest there for the time being," Levi offered when they arrived on the first floor corridor.

"Eh? Me? I don't have any money so I can't do something like that, it's fine I'll—

"I won't ask you to pay anything, I wish to speak with you myself," Levi said frankly.

Lee Hyunjin still felt uncomfortable with just accepting so he reached into the folds of his robe and when he pulled his hand out there was a whole bunch of Eneri stalks in it, "I don't have money, but I have this, please take it," he pushed the stalks towards Levi who now had a slightly baffled expression in his face.

"Where did you get this?" He asked a bit hurriedly.

Lee Hyunjin gave out the half lie he'd rehearsed with the cubs and Zeiha several times, "there's a whole field of it in ifvnar, I just casually picked some. Also you should give some to that lady, they'll help her feel better."

"An entire field? In Ifvnar?" Levi asked with doubt in his voice.

Lee Hyunjin was about to nod when one of the doors along the corridor they were standing in burst open.

Levi who was the closest to it saw Kim Jaehyun rush out of the room towards him, looking red eyed, panicked and fearful for the first time since they met.

Kim Jaehyun's composure had completely fallen apart and he didn't seem to care about it at all. He really seemed to have lost his mind.

Kim Jaehyun grabbed Levi by the shoulders and asked him, "have you seen Hyunjin? He was definitely here right? He's alive... you saw him too right?"

The grip on Levi's shoulders tightened and Levi reached up to pry Kim Jaehyun's hands off, "Mr.Kim please compose yourself, you're current behaviour is unsightly," he said but Levi thought that with his current state, there was no way Kim Jaehyun could grasp control of himself.

Kim Jaehyun shook his head, "you don't get it... he's alive how could anything as trivial as being unsightly to you possibly matter to me?"

Levi didn't feel like dealing with this crazed version of Kim Jaehyun so he simply motioned to Lee Hyunjin with his eyes.