t w e n t y - t h r e e

Chapter- 23
Amount of words used in this chapter- 3232

Emma's Pov:

He dropped him off home at exactly the time I gave him making my jaw fall open.

Just as I was about to close the door and say are goodbyes his foot stopped it, he looked at me giving me sorrowful sad eyes which also held anger.

Anger of what?

I have a feeling I was never going to find out.

"You okay Zeus?" I asked in a concerned voice but also in an irritated one as I wanted to get Zayn for bed as well as myself and go to bed early.

"Picnic tomorrow. You, me and Zayn what do you say? Please Evie, we need to talk." Just as I was about to decline Zayn popped out of no one giggling tremendously loud while screaming "yes".

I sighed at my back and forth argument in my mind resting my forehead on the door while looking at the sunset as it started to disappear out of view slowly.

After a few minutes I realised I had not answered Zeus's question so I looked back at him only to see his hopeful eyes, "okay." I said quietly.

He smiled slightly and nodded at me vigorously clasping his hands together while rubbing them.

"9:30? I can't really go later due to work." When he said work a sigh immediately left my lips unwontedly as my eyes snapped down to the ground to my feet.

I think Zeus caught on for he said he was going to go now, I watched as he climbed into the car starting it while driving off down the drive way.

Just seeing him made me feel euphoric.

I missed the way he used to smell, look at me.

I missed it all.

Most importantly I missed him, and it killed my inside.

I am dating Alessandro and he's only ever been kind to me and only ever treat Zayn like his own, he raised him with me.

I couldn't never make him feel as though I had wasted his time.

I love Alessandro I really do I promise but a piece of my heart always belonged to Zeus and no matter how much I hated it, it was true.

My head shook as I snapped my eyes to Zayn who was giving me a cheeky grin making me laugh and run over to him and pick him up walking him over to the kitchen while placing him on the counter.

I walked towards the fridge opening it up only to be greeted by a chocolate milk carton, Zayn only sleeps if he has chocolate milk the night before.

So everyday like the other I give it to him.

I grabbed the milk taking it out while closing the door behind me, I opened up the lid on the cardboard cup thingy and gave it to him.

He immediately took it sighing it happiness.

"Did you and Zeus have a good time?" I questioned earning a nod from him as he was too engaged with his milk to care about the world around him.

"What did you do?" I said nosily honestly wanting to know what they spoke about and did nearly the whole day.

Maddie wasn't here due to her already in bed after he long flight but that was understandable so there was no interruptions if someone was to walk in while I asked these things.

"Daddy took me to an arcade and showed me how to play this weird fighting game, he won!" He stated proudly making me smile a small smile.

"He told me about you. He said you used to be very shy when he met you but he is happy for the life you created from scratch. Oh and he told me to say he missed you" he added on the last one making me go into a deep thought.