f o r t y - t w o

Chapter 42- it's been 3 years now, do you miss me?
Amount of words used in this chapter- 1801

Zeus's Pov:

It's been 3 1/2 years since I last saw Emma, 3 1/2 years since I told her I loved her, 3 and a half years since I hugged her for the last time.

It's been nearly 4 years and the pain of loosing her still weighs heavily on my shoulders.

"Dadda" I heard a faint voice making em groan and rub my eyes, I climbed out my bed then walked out the door to see Oakley stood in-front of it grinning wildly.

"We seeing mummy today" she giggled twisting her fingers around her hair, I smiled at her bending down and engulfing her in a hug.

Zayn and Diego already started there training, they're there a lot always wanting to be the best, there Zayn's 8 now, although Diego will be turning 9 soon.

Oakley turned 4 a few weeks ago, she won't stop talking about how she's nearly two whole hands.

She looks more like Emma everyday, the way her blonde hair fell onto her shoulders elegantly and the way her blue eyes looked at the world as if it was the best place to be.

She was innocent.

I intend to keep her that way.

"Better get you and your brothers change hm?" I questioned making her nod her head frantically, I chuckled and walked to Zayn's room knocking on his door.

"Zayn, let's go." I called earning a muffled fine, I walked to Diego's door saying the same thing earning this time a groan of annoyance.

The both opened the door huffing in annoyance, "Zebra! Deegee" Oakley giggled opening her arms out to Zayn who rolled his eyes and held her to him.

"Let's go" I mumbled under my breath walking down the stairs with them on my trail, I grabbed the Azalea's on the side letting the water drip from underneath them.

I grabbed my car keys and opened the door walking through, I unlocked the door, everyone climbed in putting there seatbelts on.

I opened the drivers side door climbing in and sitting down, I made sure to close it behind me before pulling the seatbelt over my chest clicking it in place.

I pushed the keys through the hole and twisted it the engine roaring alive, I pressed on the gas and drove out the driveway, we drove in silenced there was nothing to say.

It was Emma's birthday, she turns 23 today but she won't be able to enjoy.

(Didn't want to make her too old as the sequel won't make much sense, sorry for the confusion. Tried editing it best I could to make it make sense.)

She was gone.

It was days like these that reminded me how much I missed and craved for her touch even if it was for the last time.

After a while of the deadly silent car ride we parked up at the graveyard the dismal lonely feeling welcoming us all with open arms.

I climbed out the car not having realized that I was sat there for a few minutes while everyone stood outside waiting for me, watching with uncertainty looks.

I sighed looking down then walking over to Oakley picking her up and resting her on my hip, we walked to Evie's spot tears already filling my eyes.

We finally reached her stone, I put Oakley down on the ground safely then stood back allowing the kids to say there hellos.

"Hey mum, it's Zayn. I miss you a lot, I'm 10 next year but you won't be there I just want to let you know that I'm not angry anymore. I know you had to go now. I just wish you didn't have to leave so soon." I saw a silent tear fall down his cheek but he quickly wiped it placing the flower on her stone floor where a few other red roses were.