t h i r t y - n i n e

Chapter- Grief (Zeus's Pov)
Amount of words used in this chapter- 2543

Zeus's Pov:

My mind had trailed off way after I was pushed out of the labor room, she looked so peaceful but so confused.

I remember as I thrashed my body around as the nurses tried to remove me from the room, why?

Her body was twitching looking painful, her skin was now pail and the eyes I used to look at were covered by her white eyelids.

Her bottom lip was slowly ajar as if begging for oxygen, what is she doing?

Why isn't she holding the baby?

I wanted to reply that I didn't care what was going on, I needed to be there for her but no noice came out, I was paralyzed.

Why isn't she making a noise, why is she not doing anything?

Three pairs of hands were pressed on my chest pushing me out the room, I had no energy to fight against them.

Jennette and Grayson sat on the chairs smiling happily at nothing, Emmaline had grown on Grayson, he had began to treat her like a daughter. An equal.

Under every argument we have all shared with him I think a part of him always valued the fact that Emma always stood by me. She always chose me, even when I was wrong.

Hayden and Jed sat there with there head in there hands as they waited silently occasionally throwing in random insults out of boredom.

Tears left my eyes as I thought about the state I'd left her in, my mother looked up at me smiling but the smile soon left her face.

"Zeus? What's wrong? Is it the baby? What's happened?" She questioned all at once but I couldn't speak I just walked to the chair numbly siting down.

"She-she, she won't wake up ma." I croaked out my voice raspy and out of tune, I tangled my hands in my baud pulling at it anxiously trying to think of a world I could live in without her inside of it. I couldn't imagine it.

There was no possibility of me surviving without her. She was my lifeline and without her I would have no one, I'd be lost. She needs to come back to me. I can't do this alone.

What if she never wakes up?

She can't leave me, I need her to survive. She's what keeps me sane every day, she's the reason I breathe the air I breathe.

She's my own personal form of oxygen.

Unanswered questions swarmed around inside my head as I stared at the tiled hospital floor not knowing what to do with myself as silent tears left my ears.

After what felt like hours of waiting the nurse who was treating Emmaline walked out her face was sad but happy at the same time, I stood up immediately walking over to her. I had to know, I had to know if she was okay.

I could tell by the look in her eyes that something had happened, I wanted ask what it was but I already knew the answer I'd get. And I couldn't hear it, I didn't want to hear it. Because if I heard her say it then that makes it more true. She's left me.

"What happened?" Jennette said confidently.

"I...I'm sorry. She didn't make it, she suffered from blood loss including internal bleeding to the brain. Has she hit her head recently, it would explain the injury but we can't be sure? She isn't insured to be able to run tests anyway to find out so we're stuck on predictions. I'm so sorry for your loss but there-theres a beautiful baby girl in a cot waiting to meet you." she looked down at the ground before looking back up at me pitifully while walking away.