t w e n t y - s i x

Chapter 26- broken family portrait.
Amount of words used in this chapter- 3557

(Edited-towards the end)

This book contains some trigging warnings such as; suicide, self harm and self hatred.
If you in anyway relate to this chapter please reach out for help, my dm's are always open!

Emma's Pov:

The sound of my phone ringing woke my up out of my delightful dream about it raining tacos.

Okay but like just imagine, your walking to your death aka school and then all of a sudden tacos began to fall from the sky and into your mouth.

Even better they fell into your mouth!

Without you ever trying!

I groaned aloud in annoyance burying my face in the white pillow before sighing and sitting up rubbing my eyes to adjust to the blaring light sneaking out through the blinds.

I scrambled out of my bed stretching my arms behind my back, flashes of what had happened yesterday filled my mind making me sigh an uncontrollable sigh.

I unlocked my phone and uncharged it before bringing it towards ear.

"Hello?" I whispered out cautiously to not wake up Zayn.
"E-Em?" A sniffle came from the other side of the phone, Sylvia's voice, I sat up fully before standing up grabbing my keys prepared for anything at that moment.
"Sylvia? Sylvia what's happening are you okay?" I pressed her on speaker so i could message Zeus to come over to look after Zayn preparing myself for anything.
"I can't do it anymore...I can't do it Eve!" She cried out on the other side of the rectangular shaped technology.
"What can't you do? Sylvia where are you?" My heart began to race as I heard the sound of waves crashing from the other side.
"A cliff." She whimpered out the pain in her voice readable.
"I'm coming, don't hang up the phone." I locked the door leaving Zeus a message reply after he said he was 2 minutes away saying that I had gone out and to look after him.

I passed Zeus on the street meaning he was here but I didn't slow down my car if anything I drove faster whispering sweet nothings to her trying to hold back my tears.

We only had one cliff due to us being a small town so I knew where I was going, I parked up the car next to Sylvias grey Range Rover.

I stumbled out the car to see her standing over the edge watching the waves fight a war together, the breeze had picked up into a violent wind making my hair slam into my face painfully but I didn't care.

She was wearing blue navy leggings with a maroon plain jumper it seemed just by looking form her at the back.

Her hair was tied up in a messy bun which was unusual for her as she was very girly which made her think that if her hair wasn't professionally looking then it wasn't good enough.

Everything had to be perfect if one strand was out of place she had to re-do it.

"Sylvia?" I whispered, as she turned her body around the sight of her made my bottom lip tremble.

Guilt erupted in my heart as I made eye contact with her making it feel heavy with sorrow.

Her eyes held nothing but pain, her eyes were glossy and reddish but nothing was coming out of them it was as if she was holding them in, controlling them.

"No.no!" She shouted as I attempted to move closer to her but stopped as she began to panic and move closer to the edge.

I held my hands up in a surrender position my body now shaking in fear that I was going to watch her die.