t w e n t y - f o u r

Love reading you guy's comments it makes me laugh, some of you comment things about the characters like you are attracted to them others say silly funny things.

Brightens my day, you are all so amazing!

Btw if you think my chapters need to be edited to make better comment on this line, tell me the chapter and where to start the edit and I'll edit it to your liking so you can enjoy the story more x

Chapter 24-forgiving and forgetting.
Amount of words used in this chapter- 1090
Emma's Pov:

"Emmaline please, I know how badly I fucked up. Don't. Don't leave me" he yelled out, his hands sharply placed themselves on my waist which I made no attempt to remove.

"You did fuck up, you left me Zeus. You left me with a broken heart and now that I have finally healed you come back here demanding to be back apart of my life. It's absurd!" My voice cracked at the word finally destroying my confidence but I wasn't going to back down.

Not after everything he had done to me the past few years.

"You don't think I went by everyday missing you? Wanting to call you? Wanting to be near you? Having you kiss and hug me everyday and tell me how much you love me? You think I don't miss that?" He shouted making me flinch slightly at the tone.

"Why didn't you! You had so many chances Zeus! You should of followed me that night. You-you-you should of ran after me to win me back. To fix us! But you didn't you let me leave!" I responded my voice raised just like his was with me.

I walked over to the kitchen sitting on the stool while burying my face in my hands slightly in my hair ruining it.

I felt tears start to form in my hollow eyes, he was breaking through the barrier i've been putting up ever since that night.

My heart began to ache as I remembered what had occurred that night and how badly he had betrayed me, how badly he betrayed us.

A small whimper escaped my lips before all the sadness I felt was shared now with a bubbling fiery anger.

"I'm just another fucking promise that you couldn't keep Zeus!" I screamed easing my head from my hands staring at him deadly in the eye.

He looked at me trying to find something in my eyes but when he didn't find what he was looking for he pushed his hand through his now messy tangled hair.

"I love you Emmaline" he said in a hushed voice.

"I love you" he said louder this time and more confidently.

"If you loved me you wouldn't of cheated nor would you of hurt me the way you did. If I meant nothing to you, then set me free Zeus." My lip began to quiver as tears slowly began to fall from my eyelids.

"Emmaline don't think for a second that you meant nothing to me because your the only person who I let in and now-now your leaving!" He cried out slamming his hand on the cupboard making a loud noise as the splinters of the wood snapped.

Weirdo, thinks he's Superman.

"No. I left you the day you left me." By now I had tears streaming full force down my cheeks and passed my lips.

"Emmaline" he slowly spoke as he walked over to me now standing over me towering as I was say he stood tall.

His intimidating body made me want to cower back, but I didn't.

"No" I said sharply pressing my hands on his chest to push him away.

"I'm sorry that I gave you false hope in thinking that we could fix this (I signaled between us both with my hand motioning) but I want you to leave." I climbed off the stool and walked away to the stairs only to have a hand latch onto my wrist pulling me back.

I banged into a hard chest making me squeak.

A warm hand touched my cheek but before I could say or react really in any form warm lips pressed against mine desperately.

I sighed into them leaning in before slowly pulling away resting my head on his forehead.

I wrapped my arms around his waist as he wrapped his around neck pulling me into him.

"You can still see Zayn but nothing will happen between us, just to be sure I would like to ask you to leave. You can have him Tuesday's, Wednesday's and Sunday's until you leave." I stated before pushing away from him and walking up the stairs but pausing on the middle step looking at him.

He looked lost.

"Goodbye Zeus, you know the way out." Tears began to fall harsher so I wiped them quickly before he could fully see them then walked up the stairs disappearing form his eyes view.

I heard footsteps walk somewhere until I heard a door open and close, the house was silent.

A door opened revealing Maddie who looked at me cautiously.

"Emma" she said sadly before walk-in over to me engulfing me in a hug pulling me in into her, I sniffled in her shoulder before whimpering slightly once more my heart began to ache and a guilty feeling emerged out of my stomach.

"I'm a terrible person" I sniffled out resting my face in my hands while leaning against the wall.

"No, no your not. You've just saved your son the feeling of loosing his farther again." She protected making me sigh then nod at her.

She was right.

If I allowed Zeus fully in and back in my life he would do the same thing and just leave with no explanation leaving Zayn here with no answers about where he went making me give him some random excuse and then make a new one when he turned up again then left after a few weeks.

I missed him more than I should of, I loved Zeus more than I'd ever loved anyone but I've been hurt most by him emotionally.

I can't go through that pain and torture again.

But my heart wants him, why is life so fucked up?

I've done the right thing.

But why doesn't it feel like it?

Every time I put fuck or something that resembles it, it always says duck.

Makes me laugh like if I wanted to talk about a duck then I'd put duck. 😭🖐🏼🦆