Chapter 7: "So, You Think I'm Beautiful?"

I felt excited and nervous all rolled into one as I put on my vintage, red bikini with white polka dots. It was actually pretty modest with a high waistline, and a thick tie around my neck at the top. I put on my neon green flip flops, since they were my go to shoes in the summer, hoping it wouldn't matter if it didn't match my outfit. As soon as Leo saw me he smiled widely, discreetly looking me up and down, but Tobey noticed. He nudged his best friend in the side as he smirked, Leo just pushing him away in response.

"Hey, Piper. You ready to get in the pool," Leo checked, biting his lower lip as he squinted against the bright sun.

"Of course. I've been looking forward to it. Is the water warm enough yet?"

"Yeah, it warmed up quite a bit last night, since it was in the 70's," Tobey explained.

"Ooh, it's still pretty cold," I observed after poking my finger in the surface.

"It's swimmable, and it's 97 out today, so it'll probably feel good pretty fast."

I barely nodded as we all walked over to the ladder leading into the water. "You can go first, Piper," Leo kindly offered, me feeling a flutter in my tummy from his suggestion.

"Okay, if that's okay with you, Tobey," I spoke, turning to his best friend.

"I don't care," Tobey shrugged, me carefully climbing up before down to lower myself into the pool. I shivered and winced, gripping onto my arms as I moved around, trying to find warmth. I mentally groaned when Tobey and Leo jumped right in, Tobey already trying to get on his inflatable chair. Leo of course was in his flippers, since they had bought what they wanted despite their argument at the store. I was just in a spot to stay out of the way, Leo's head resurfacing with his snorkel and goggles on. He ended up pushing them up his head though to see me better.

"Hey, you okay," he checked, his fingers running up and down my bare arms in the water. I shivered from his touch, forgetting about the freezing temperature.

"Yeah, I'm okay," I softly confirmed, his blue eyes flickering up to be met with mine.

"Do you want a float or something to lay on? We have an inner tube, and another chair. Tobey's idea, not mine." He faintly smirked as I got lost in his ocean orbs a little.

"Um... Do you have another snorkel? I brought my mask over, but..."

"No, sorry, but you can use mine if you want."

I freaked out as he took it completely off, thinking about how the snorkel had just been in Leonardo DiCaprio's mouth, the same one I wished would just kiss me already. "I don't have to..."

"Piper, I really don't care." His voice had softened even more as we just stared at each other.

"My goggles are fine, really, but thank you for offering."

"No problem." He leaned forward and kissed my cheek so quickly I thought I imagined it, my mouth gaping open as he dived back to the ground. After I recovered I put my own goggles on, finding Leo in the muted, clear water world. He waved at me, obviously struggling not to smile as bubbles emitted from the sides of his mouth as he breathed through his snorkel. He held his hands out to grasp mine, causing me to almost smile with my silly puffed up cheeks. He then glanced upwards with a faint smirk, me shaking my head, but he was already going to do it. He purposely popped up from underneath Tobey's float, making his friend tumble with a big splash. When Leo resurfaced he was laughing out loud after removing his gear, Tobey glaring at him.

"You think this is funny," Tobey asked.

"Yeah. You should have seen your face." I admired how Leo's voice almost cracked when he laughed.