Chapter 10: Inside Jokes

"What do you want to do when we get back," Leo quietly asked as though we couldn't be loud. We were currently in Nilah's living room on her couch. I was sitting right next to him with my eyes gazing up and into his, his hand soothingly rubbing up and down my sideways thigh. My knees were pulled up onto the couch against me as my head eventually had to lean on his chest, since my neck was getting sore. We were currently waiting for Tobey to get the last of his things together, so we could drive him to the airport.

"I don't care. What do you want to do?" He moved his hand to run up and down the side of my hair. I breathed in deeply as I drank in how calming it all was.

"Piper, I don't care either." He left a trail of soft kisses along my cheek, causing me to blush.

"Do you want to watch Gone With the Wind? We could make lunch and just cuddle for hours after." I smiled weakly at him before lowering my head again.

"What do you want for lunch," he whispered, brushing his lips against my ear as my breath hitched in my throat. I was starting to get tense instead of relaxed as the chemistry between us was undeniable.

"Um... pasta always sounds good." I sat up a bit more to wrap my hands around his neck, running my fingers up and through his hair from behind.

He tilted his head back as he almost moaned, just melting into my touch. "What vegetables do you want with it?" His lips then found my neck, kissing me sweetly, but burning my skin in the process.

"Mmm... Yellow squash, zucchini, carrots, green beans."

"Are you trying to make a vegetable salad," he joked, smirking against my lips as he teased me by not kissing them.

"No, I just really love vegetables. Leo...," I giggled from nerves as he pulled me onto his lap, making me straddle his waist.

"You know, we just confessed our feelings for each other. I think you're getting a little carried away." I bopped his nose with my index finger as he scrunched it up cutely.

"I'm sorry, you're just so irresistible, Piper. I can't help myself." I pushed him back by his shoulders as I grinned at him.

"No more kissing me, okay? At least until you calm down. We have to drive Tobey to the airport, and you're getting all worked up."

"It's... your outfit," he defended, me giving him a look.

"Seriously, Leo? These knee length jean shorts and high scoop neck t-shirt are turning you on?"

"Yeah." He swallowed hard as I shook my head.

"It's literally one of my most modest summer outfits."

"You're not wearing shoes," he pointed out.

"What does that have to do with anything? Are you attracted to my feet?"

"I'm attracted to every part of you," he said seriously, staring into my eyes as I blushed hard. He then had me plop back against the sofa on my back to grab my feet.

"Leo!" I giggled as he touched the bottom of my feet before kissing them. "That's disgusting! What the- What are you doing?!" I couldn't stop laughing as his lips tickled me, accidentally kicking him straight in the nose. "Oh, I am so sorry, but what on earth were you doing, Leo?"

"I was just messing around. I swear I've never done anything like that before." He held his hands up before wincing. A little bit of blood trickled from his nose and I felt bad.

"Here, let me get you fixed up." I led him into the bathroom by the hand, him tilting his head back so the blood wouldn't drip onto the floor.

"What's wrong with him," Tobey wondered, stopping mid track with a nice shirt neatly folded in his hands.