Chapter 26: Hectic Morning

WARNING: THERE'S A SEX SCENE AT THE END OF THIS CHAPTER. I'VE MARKED WHERE IT STARTS IN CASE YOU WANT TO SKIP IT.

"What's wrong," Leo wondered, stepping out of the bathroom with a towel around his waist. He had just finished his morning shower, and I was running up and down the hallway outside our bedroom.

"I can't find Candy. I think he ran off somewhere," I frowned.

"Shit. He's so small. It might be hard to find him."

"That's what I was thinking. I haven't heard him meow or anything, or even move," I sighed.

"Hang on, I'll get dressed and then help you look for him." Leo then ducked back into our room to pull on a pair of jeans and a black t-shirt.

"Okay, I've checked all of the rooms on this floor. I hope that's okay I just went into them."

"Piper, they're yours now too. You can go anywhere in the house that you want." It was funny how we kept strolling along hunched over, checking close to the ground for the lost kitten.

"Candy," I called, crawling up the stairs to the attic. Leo turned on the lights, my vision flooded with dozens upon dozens of cardboard boxes and stored items. "Oh goodness. This is as bad as that room with the car in Titanic," I groaned.

"Babe, I just realized something," Leo spoke up.

"What?"

"Every room we've checked the door was shut. I always keep the doors closed."

I wanted to face palm myself as I stood, dusting myself off even though this area was spotless as well. I wanted to cry as we searched everywhere downstairs, eventually hearing something thudding around in the laundry room. I hesitantly twisted the doorknob, Candy jumping back before running up to us.

"Hey, how did you get in there," I cooed, picking him up with my hands around his middle.

"I think he went through our laundry chute. I must have forgotten to shut it last time I used it," Leo observed, sheepishly touching the back of his head.

"Aw, you must of had quite a ride. It's okay. Come on, let's get you something to eat," I spoke to the shaking feline, petting his back to calm him. I jumped when the doorbell sounded, Leo jogging up to the front door as I headed for the kitchen.

"Tobey! Hey, you weren't supposed to be here for another hour," Leo commented, sunlight flooding in through the open door.

"I know, but traffic wasn't bad, so I got here early," Tobey explained, gravitating towards the kitchen. "You two look exhausted already." He half smirked as I blushed a tiny bit, Candy lapping at the fresh saucer of milk I poured him.

"Candy got lost. He ended up falling into the laundry chute," I explained.

"I'm glad he's okay. Hey, are we still checking out the sights of L.A. today?"

"Yeah, I just haven't gotten a chance to get ready yet. I'll go do that now." I dashed up the grand staircase as I left the two boys to chat for a bit.

LEO'S POV:

"So, how's married life," Tobey half smirked, leaning on the wet bar in the middle of the kitchen.

"Hectic," I joked, finding a box of cereal.

"Having that kitten's kind of like having a kid, huh?"

"Kind of," I lowly chuckled, sitting at one of the bar stools to eat. "Actually Piper and I did something kind of stupid on our wedding night."

"What?" Tobey now had his mouth full since he had gotten some cereal as well, seated near me.