Chapter 11: Curiosity

"Leo," I giggled, watching as he tossed another piece of popcorn into his mouth. He was literally tilting his head back as he did this to show off. We were currently watching Gone With the Wind, and it had already been on for two hours. "I'm going to open my Fruit Roll-Up now," I announced, peeling the thin strip off the wax paper. I started chewing off some of the red candy, Leo pouting when he realized I wasn't watching him catch food anymore.

"Can I have some of that," he wondered.

"Of course." I handed him a decent sized piece, which he ate fairly quickly. I giggled when I saw that his tongue was redder from the cherry flavor. "Your tongue is all red."

"Sh... watch the movie," he whispered, teasing me as I rolled my eyes.

"I don't want to watch the movie anymore. I just want to talk with you," I claimed, leaning my head against his chest as I forgot about our snacks.

"But we're already half way through," Leo pointed out.

I snuggled closer up to him as he rubbed my bare arm, my eyes drooping closed to the background voices. Without realizing it I had fallen asleep, and when I woke up the room was quiet and I was all alone. I just stared up at the ceiling confused, lifting my head to realize there was a pillow beneath it.

"Leo?" I padded through the narrow hallway to find him in the kitchen, quietly making supper. "What are you making?" I wrapped my arms around him from behind, standing on my tippy toes to still fail at reaching his cheek.

"Something special." He turned to peck my lips before focusing on his tasks.

"I'm sorry I fell asleep during the movie. It was pretty good." I forced a smile but Leo gave me a look. "Okay, I'll admit I found it boring and I didn't understand where it was going."

"That's okay. We don't have to finish it, babe." I blushed deeply at the nickname, almost not processing he had kissed me again.

"Where's Nilah? Isn't she usually home in the evenings?"

"She had to pick up some things from the store, and then she's visiting a friend. They're having dinner together, so I thought I'd make us something."

"My parents probably wonder why I'm over here all the time."

"You didn't tell them about us?"

"Oh no, I did, but I'm like never home," I slightly laughed, Leo taking one of the pots off the burner. "It smells really good. Let me guess... It's potatoes."

"Potatoes," he lightly chuckled, amused by my answer.

"Okay, then it's pasta, because you're always making that."

He shook his head as I frowned at how I kept getting it wrong. "Do you really want to know, Piper?" He intertwined his fingers with mine as he held our arms up between each other.

"We can wait until you serve it. Where are we going to eat?"

"I thought the living room, since the sunset looks best in there."

I blushed as I smiled widely at how sweet and thoughtful that was. "Okay, I love that. Can you bend down so I can kiss you now?"

He almost smirked as he leaned down, allowing me to press my lips against his. When we parted though, he couldn't do anything but smile uncontrollably.

"Is the food almost ready? I'm starving," I mumbled against his back, since he had turned around again.

"Yeah, it should be done in five minutes. You want to wait for me in the living room?"