Prologue

Summer was the best time of the year, well any break from school was amazing but summer break lasted two months unlike spring or winter break. Y/N turned the keys to her car and the engine revved to life and she pulled out of her school's parking lot and onto the main road home. She drove home in silence, occasionally singing along to whatever was playing off her playlist, it was mostly boring and scenic just like it was every other day. As she waited at a red light Y/N thought about what she was going to do when she got home, today had been the last day at school and she didn't have any work that needed to be done ASAP when she got home, today was a day where she could just relax and do what she wanted. Y/N's thoughts wandered to her ever-growing Watchlist on CrunchyRoll and Netflix, she wasn't the best at picking a single show and watching it through to the end, especially if there wasn't a thrilling or at least creepy and gripping first episode. That was probably why she had loved the anime Black Butler so much, by the first episode Ciel had summoned and contracted Sebastian and the viewer could tell there was something strange going on in the Phantomhive Manor, she had honestly just started watching the show because she saw a shot of Sebastian and was ready to watch the whole thing just for him but the plot had actually managed to intrigue her. That was definitely a rare occurrence which was why she convinced her parents to lend her the cash to buy all the available mangas, and while the story was completely different from the anime that she had fallen in love with, both storylines were amazing and perfect for her tastes. "Sorry, Blue Exorcist, I'm putting you on hold again, Grelle calls," Y/N thought as she pulled into the garage and parked the car. 

Y/N had found a note on the counter when she set her school things down, it read:

Hey Y/N,

I'm sorry I had to head out, (whoever you live with's best friend's mom) is in the hospital and they needed someone to watch their son while they went to visit them in the hospital. I left dinner for you in the fridge, it's your normal order from your favorite take-out place. I hope I can be home by one but (Best friend) is really torn up about their mom so I might not be able to make it home until tomorrow. I'm so sorry again, I hope you're not too mad at me!

Love, Whoever you live with

Y/N sighed as she set the note back down, she wasn't upset at all that they left to go take care of their best friend's son, Y/N knew how much that family meant to them, plus they got Y/N takeout! She walked over to the fridge and pulled out the box with her dinner in it and set it in the microwave to warm up while she turned on the TV and opened Netflix. The microwave beeped and Y/N set up a tray table at the couch so she could eat and watch Black Butler. "I think I'll start from the beginning again," Y/N thought as she selected the option 'watch from beginning'. As the intro played Y/N sang along and was able to quote the conversation between Sebastian and Ciel perfectly. As the episode played on Y/N tried to pick up on little details she might have missed the first ten million times she watched the show.

It was 2:00 am before Y/N bothered to check her phone for the time, she noticed she had a text from (whoever you live with/WYLW), it said that they were going to call but figured she was either already asleep or watching something late and hadn't bothered to look at their phone and that they would be staying with their best friend for the rest of the week because their mom wasn't doing very well. Y/N was a little sad about WYLW's choice to stay with their best friend instead of come home but they had their work cut out for them over there and their best friend's mom meant a lot to them too, so it was understandable. Y/N shot back a quick text saying that it was okay and she would call them sometime tomorrow so they could transfer some money to her debit card for groceries and takeout and that she loved them. Y/N yawned, the stress and exhaustion of her last few exams caught up to her as she trudged back to her bedroom. Y/N changed into a hoodie and some shorts before crawling into her bed and curling up in the covers. Before she closed her eyes she looked at the manga covered bookshelf she had put together not too long ago after she got hooked on Black Butler, all 29 available volumes sat on her shelf and she had already preordered volume 30. She yawned contently before she closed her eyes to construct fictional scenarios in her head before she slipped off into sleep.