Curry For Queen and Country

"Uwaaaaah!!" Finny exclaimed. It wasn't exactly a word but it did sum up how he and Y/N felt when they saw the giant elephant in the exhibition hall. "What is that big creature?"

"That is known as an elephant," Soma explained to the gardener. "A sacred animal. We keep some at my palace too. About ten of them."

"That's crazy! As pets?!" Bard exclaimed in amazement.

"Do you really keep those things in your house, do you?" Mey-Rin asked.

"How much do you have to feed those things?" Y/N marveled.

"Please do not wander off, you lot." Sebastian sighed at his colleagues' behavior as they gushed about the other cultural exhibits.

"Oh lighten up," Y/N retorted. "Let them have some fun," she whispered.

"Hi there, Lord Earl, Lady Y/N." Lau's airy and bubbly voice filled the air. The 'business man' sat not too far away from them with Ran-Mao perched on his lap.

"Well, aren't you bold, womanizing in front of your clients, like that." Ciel grumbled about Lau's antics.

"It could be worse," Y/N sighed.

"Exactly, come, come! Ran-Mao is my little sister! Just my little sister! Though we're not related by blood." Lau made sure to mention that last bit about no blood relation. Creep. "She's adorable, isn't she?" He asked as he poked her cheek. "I hear the spectators will get to sample the competing curries at this fair, and I was thinking I'd give this little one the chance to try some too!"

"There is nothing little about her," Y/N sighed. Ciel shuttered and nodded in agreement.

"Come on," He muttered as he grabbed onto Y/N's sleeve and ushered her away with him and Sebastian.

"Anyway," Unfortunately Lau fell in line with them, "Is the Prince's butler lad really serious?"

"He betrayed the Master he regards as his God. What else would he be if not serious?" Ciel asked.

"Though, as serious about Soma and his devotion to him as Agni may be... West doesn't give a damn about the Prince, his butler or how much they care about Mina. I don't think they're getting that poor woman back." Y/N made sure the Prince was out of earshot before she said that.

"Pretty much," Ciel agreed. "The likelihood of West's evil deeds being exposed will increase significantly if he relinquishes his hold on Agni after all is said and done, sought-after Royal Warrant in hand or not. If I were in his shoes, I'd..."

"Kill him?" Lau finished the young Earl's sentence.

"You can't go around killing people off one by one over such trivialities, you know." Ciel grumbled at Lau.

"Ehhh? If it were up to me, he'd be as good as dead. You'd prefer him that way, wouldn't you, Lady Y/N?" Y/N just looked to the man with a 'don't tempt me' type of expression.

"I don't think anyone in Heaven nor Hell wants to be held accountable for that bastard," Y/N stated flatly.

"That aside, what really has me concerned is Master Butler's strategy for today. You won't have your little assistant today." Lau poked Y/N in the cheek as he had done to Ran-Mao moments ago. Y/N poked him right back.

"That's-" Sebastian began before he was promptly interrupted.

"Well, well! Why, if it isn't Earl Phantomhive!" There's some saying about God playing tricks on you, well Y/N was starting to think it was the Devil rather than God.

"Yes, hello Mister West." Ciel was the only person less excited to see West than Y/N.

"It has been quite some time, my Lord! Not since last year's London season, I believe." It wouldn't be much of a stretch to assume Ciel had intended to keep it that way. "I'm most honored to make your acquaintance once more!" West finally seemed to notice Y/N standing defensively beside the young Earl, and how she was finely dressed. Just as the Earl Phantomhive, Lady Y/N had to be prepared in case the Queen made an appearance. "My Lady, I don't believe we've had the pleasure of meeting." West bent down to kiss Y/N's gloved hand and rings, courtesies of the Undertaker and Ciel. Y/N jerked her hand away from the foul man before he had a chance to touch her.