A Special Fitted Coffin

TW: mentions of child abuse, various weapons, blood and gun violence in this chapter!

The job offer was exactly what she had expected but she was still shocked. "Who wants me to what?!"

"The Queen wants you to meet with her. She's become quite fascinated with your work and she might have a case she would like for you to look into and possibly assist another associate with," explained Phipps as Grey chuckled about Y/N's reaction. They had continued to walk on Y/N's patrol so she didn't miss anyone who needed saving.

"The, the Queen," Y/N repeated, "She wants to meet with me?" Y/N still couldn't believe what she was hearing. She knew her story spread but she didn't know it spread as far as the hands of the queen of England! This was exactly what she wanted! But something was off... she was getting the recognition she wanted, and from a queen no less! "But that means..." Y/N trailed off.

"Means what? Most people would jump on an opportunity like this, so what's stopping you?" Charles Grey pried at her, "You'd finally start getting paid for the good you're doing, and you could get out of that dank, little pub."

Y/N was silent. She was trying to come up with an answer that would satisfy how she was feeling, and after a few minutes of thinking, she finally came up with one. "But that means I would have to leave all of this behind, all these people that I've saved... I'd have to leave them behind, and I can't do that." Y/N had worked so hard here and her whole concept hadn't been to get paid for her work. Rather, it had been about doing the right thing for free because she was a good person.

Grey gagged, "Ugh, that was almost disgustingly sweet, even for my tastes, and I had three desserts!"

"Maybe it was, but if I wasn't motivated by something so nastily sweet you wouldn't have come looking for me, would you?" Y/N knew she was right. Sure it was cheesy but it was partially true. "I just can't leave all that I've worked for behind like that. It's irresponsible and negligent to leave behind what I started doing all this for."

"Your strong sense of responsibility and moral obligation are exactly what the perfect butler should strive for, giving Her Majesty more of a reason to desire to meet with you," stated Phipps.

"Yeah, well I'm not a butler and I said 'no'. But that doesn't really mean much, now does it?" Y/N really wanted to take the job for the queen, but she had also come to adore the local lower class in which she had spent almost a month protecting. They were good, honest people who enjoyed and were thankful for all she had done for them.

"Well it sure would be a shame if your face and name were released as the Lion's true identity and you were arrested for more than thirty counts of assault-" Y/N stopped Charles Grey before he could go on.

"Okay, okay I get it! Enough metaphorically twisting my arm, I get it!"

"So you'll meet the queen?"

"Do I have a choice?"

"You're a woman in London," Grey laughed, "is that even a question?" Y/N sighed as she trudged on.

"No, I suppose not."

Warning: mentions of child abuse, various weapons, blood and gun violence in the following paragraphs

It had been a rough next few days. Phipps and Grey had begun trailing her, asking her how long she was going to keep the Queen waiting for a meeting. Over and over again, did Y/N told them she didn't have any proper attire or the manners to meet the queen face to face and she should just send her a letter. Every time she suggested the letter, which was every time they spoke, Grey or Phipps shut her down and insisted on a face to face meeting between the Lion and her future employer. Y/N was quite huffy about it, and had found it distracting as she tried to focus on her patrol. Nothing big had happened thus far, only a few drunks and some asshole teens trying to rob a clothing store, but Y/N was still hung up over the Queen and her invitation. She must've been really interested to send her prized butlers to hire her. Y/N knew from the Emerald Witch arc that the Queen wouldn't mind Y/N being a woman. "But I also know I can't trust the Queen, she doesn't tell just one person everything and she is definitely unhinged," Y/N thought as she fiddled with the safety of her gun. It was at that moment when a small kid flew out of a building, throwing the door open with such force it that banged against the building's wall and sounded as loud as a gunshot. Y/N flipped the safety off her gun, aimed it right behind the kid and shouted at the kid to get behind her. Not far behind the child raged a middle aged man with a bat and the stench of cigar smoke. The kid screamed and ran behind Y/N before collapsing behind her, tears flowing from her eyes as she cried and whimpered from behind Y/N's legs. "Back off, buddy," Y/N warned the man, her gun didn't shake and her gaze stayed strong. The man just screamed something awful and waved the bat around like a feral animal.