Spider Lilies

Warning: mentions of Madam Red's corpse and Mary Jane Kelly's violent death.

Y/N waited on the doorstep of Madam Red's manor as a butler of hers searched for the item Y/N had requested. Y/N hadn't bothered to go inside; the thought of walking into the dead woman's home seemed wrong. Just from the outside, Y/N could tell how beautiful the manor was, she could hardly begin to imagine the inside's gorgeous halls in her mind. There were rose bushes and vines crawling up the side of the arched doorway that made it look like the entrance to a fairy tale castle. Normally Y/N would've been bored just waiting for the item to be given to her, but her surroundings made it difficult to look at one thing for too long before something else caught her attention. The butler returned to the door with a light cream colored box, tied shut with a lavish red ribbon. "This is the item the young Earl requested," said the butler as Y/N carefully took the box from him. It weighed more than she thought it would, but Y/N made sure not to drop it. She thanked the butler before going back to the carriage she had taken to the estate. After she placed the box inside the carriage, Y/N took in the estate one last time before she climbed inside the cab and knocked on the roof. Y/n heard the crack of a whip, the whinnying of horses, and then the sound of hooves against cobblestone. She looked out the window as Madam Red's estate slowly vanished in the distance, "I wonder," Y/N thought to herself, "What will become of her manor?"

Y/N didn't have the extra money on her to afford another dress for the Madam's funeral, but she had some clothes from home that would be Era-appropriate. She had donned a black button up shirt, black high waisted pants, and a belt with a fake gold buckle. It was nowhere near as beautiful and extravagant as the dress she had worn to the Viscount's ball, but she didn't plan on making a major appearance. The Undertaker had, once again, offered to do her makeup, insisting it was more fun to practice on a live human than a dead one. He gave Y/N eye shadow as dark as her shirt and mascara to match. There was no blush this time and her lipstick was a dark maroon, almost black. Y/n thanked him before he left to go prepare for the burial. Alice had given Y/N the day off to morn. She wasn't aware that Madam Red was half of Jack the Ripper; she was under the impression she was his last victim. In a sick, twisted way, Alice was right. Christopher had spent the day trying to cheer her up before she was supposed to leave but nothing he was doing seemed to help. Y/N didn't really understand why she was so sad. Madam Red had tried to kill her. Maybe just reading the mangas and watching the anime over and over again had made her form an attachment. Y/N had also tried to save her. Had she jumped a few seconds sooner she could've done just that. Alice hadn't been able to close down the Pub but she was still spending every second she could trying to comfort Y/N. The only person who was more afraid and exhausted than Y/N after the night Mary Jane Kelly died had been Alice. She had been trying to get Y/N to tell her what had gotten her so shaken up since Y/N had arrived back at the pub. All Y/N would tell her was that Jack the Ripper killed two more women before she and the Guard Dog managed to stop them. The Ripper was disposed of and she was to attend one of the funerals of the victims. None of Alice and Christopher's attempts to help Y/N seemed to work. All Y/N could see was Madam Red's dead eyes looking at her. "Please just, leave me alone," Y'N finally whispered to them. Christopher was trying to show her how well he had gotten at reading, but Y/N just wasn't up for it. The young boy looked downcast and Alice placed loving hands on his shoulders before leading him away.

Y/N had been up in her room moping for about an hour before she noticed a rather nice carriage pull up beside the pub. She knew it was meant for her because she recognized the driver clear as day. Y/n made sure to take the box she had been sent to retrieve earlier that day downstairs. She waved goodbye to Alice and Christopher before leaving the pub, cream box in hand. Y/n nodded hello to Sebastian before climbing into the carriage cab. Inside Ciel was waiting for her, hair slicked back and to the side. "I see you've retrieved the item I requested," not even a 'hello'.