Knocking on Death's Door

TW: Mentions of a corpse

Y/N walked down the cobblestone street towards the Undertaker's Parlor. She was starting to feel bad because she hadn't even bothered to write to him. He had helped her out so much and she hadn't repaid him in the slightest. Y/N tried to think about what she could do to make it up to him. "I'm definitely going to start writing to him, for one," Y/N thought as she noticed the moon light shine off the Parlor sign. Y/N knocked on the doors and one of them creaked open. Y/N giggled as she slipped inside and the door slammed behind her. The Undertaker's laughter filled the Parlor, it bounced off the walls making it impossible for Y/N to tell where he was. "Well, well, well, I wonder if there's a certain silver haired, pale, tall, handsome, Undertaker in this parlor..." Y/N put a hand to her chin as if she was in deep thought. As the Undertaker snickered louder, Y/N made her way around the Parlor. She traced her finger along the coffins but she stopped when she reached a particular one. Only inches away from her fingertips was the real Ciel's corpse, floating in fluids and getting supplements through a tube. Y/N's smile faltered for a moment as she contemplated throwing open the casket and destroying the corpse. If she did, she could save so many people from so much pain and suffering... On the other hand, the Undertaker had saved the boy even after Sebastian and the fake Ciel ripped him open and tore through his organs. Any damage Y/N dealt to the boy could be repaired over a matter of time. While it was true that Y/N could regrow limbs, it was extremely painful and the Undertaker still had his Death Scythe which Y/N already knew would hurt like a bitch. Y/N had faltered long enough for the Undertaker to duck out of the darkness and wrap his slender, pale fingers around her shoulder.

"Y/NNNNN, dearie, you've finally come to visit me Parlor. IIIIIII must say, I've missed your company." The Undertaker's long, dark nails raked over her shoulder as he spoke. "The mourners and corpses are nice, but they lack a certain, mmm, component, that makes them as interesting as you."

"So you're saying I make better company than dead or depressed people?" Y/N giggled as the Undertaker walked off, but not before taking Y/N by the hand. Y/N noticed how he tried to take her attention away from the coffin. It was as if he was afraid of her looking inside. But, he didn't have that fear with Ciel, Sebastian or any of his other customers, so why would he be afraid of her finding the corpse?

"Oh, much muuuuuch better company, dearie! You're significantly more lively!" The Undertaker's bad pun was enough to make both him and Y/N cackle.

"I've missed laughing like this!" Y/N sighed as she fondly looked over to her reaper friend. Completely forgetting about the dead boy in the coffin. "Working with Ciel isn't always a laugh like hanging out with you is!"

"Oh yes, that little brat aaaaaalways seems so serious. Working with him day and night would be unbearable! That butler of his though, he never fails to make me laugh!"

"Ciel can be a bit serious, but that only makes it easier to pick on him." Y/N chuckled as she thought back on all the times she had made fun of the young Earl.

"Knowing you, it wouldn't matter how serious or ridiculous someone is, you'll always find a way to poke fun at them." The Undertaker chuckled as he pulled some flasks off of a shelf. "Speaking of the young Earl, has he sent you to ask for information on your latest case?" The reaper looked back at Y/N as he went to the back of the shop and fished a tea kettle out from behind a coffin he used as a desk.

"Actually, I'm here to visit you. I was in town visiting Alice and Christopher so I figured I would stop here as well. I missed you." Y/N took a flask of tea from the Undertaker and thanked him.

"Milady is tooooo kind. I do miss our little chats at the pub. Now you only visit when you need information from me," pouted the Reaper.

"I'm sorry! We just get so busy with cases and-"