The Prince's Lesson

TW: Mentions of crying blood and Sebastian being an asshole (but that's nothing new)

"Fo-forget the Prince, this might be two of the enemy's spies! Agni!" West trembled as he shouted for Agni to defend him.

"Nothing of the sort. We are merely humble anim-"

"Kill them!!"

"Kill-I cannot do such a thing!" Y/N didn't know whether Agni was saying that because he recognized them, or because he was an angel, but she was thankful either way. She really didn't want to go toe-to-toe with her new friend.

"Shut up!" West was enraged that Agni wouldn't do as he commanded. To Agni, West wasn't his Prince or his God. Agni was merely doing all of this for his Prince's happiness. "Do you want me to renege on that promise!? I'm ordering you!" Agni began to shake, pure turmoil in his steel grey eyes. "Do it!"

"I..." Agni's fists clenched and shook, nails digging into his palms. "I..." Y/n felt sick as she watched blood trickle down Agni's face. It dripped down from his tear ducts, staining his skin red. The sound of Agni's blood dripping onto the floor made Y/N want to hold him. She wanted to wrap her arms around him and tell him it was all going to be okay. "My God..." Agni fell to his knees, "My master... is but one and no other..." His voice shook and cracked. "And for he alone would I use my right hand... so had I vowed." The blood was pouring down Agni's face like tears. It was killing him slowly to defy his master. "Now I shall commit a sin by betraying that God..."

"Agni, no!" Soma pleaded one last time.

"Please forgive me!" Agni ripped the bandages that he had wrapped over his right hand. As he tore through the white fabric, he screamed in rage and pain. Y/N and Sebastian both grabbed the Prince's arms. They yanked Soma out of the way just before Agni could land a painful blow. The wall and furniture Agni did hit crumbled like dust. West screamed about Agni breaking his things but Agni didn't care. Agni raced after Y/N and her company, Sebastian now having placed Soma over his shoulder. The Indian man threw another punch, missing again. More furniture was destroyed in their wake.

"People will start taking note of this commotion!" Ciel shouted as Lau hoisted him up and began to carry him off. "Once you've grabbed the Prince, you'd better run for it too!"

"As you wish." Sebastian and Y/N took one last look at Agni before they leapt out the window. Agni didn't follow them. Either the shame was too much, or he couldn't bring himself to look at Soma's shocked face.

As they walked back to the manor, Soma was completely and uncharacteristically silent. Y/N was yet to see the man at a loss for words. She had long discarded the leopard head. Sebastian carried both of the heads. Everyone, even Lau, was almost afraid of using words. About halfway back to the town house, the demon pulled Y/N back. "What?" Y/N whispered, the first word said since they fled West's manor.

"I would just like to ask you a few questions, Lady Y/N. If it wouldn't trouble you too much."

"Go ahead," Y/N whispered back.

"You seem to be a great deal attached to Mister Agni, yet you've just met him. Why is that?" It wasn't jealousy, it was pure curiosity. Sebastian had emotions, but they were a much more twisted version of a human's. He couldn't feel attachment as quickly or the same way that Y/N could, so he was genuinely intrigued with Y/N's emotions.

"I uh," Y/N racked her brain for a decent explanation behind her emotions. "I just talked with him some when they first showed up at the house. He just reminds me a lot of someone's mother. He's just so sweet and caring, and he doesn't deserve this. No one does..." Y/N's eyes swelled with tears knowing that Agni would only ever forgive himself for this before he died.