The Midnight Bell

Warning: Human trafficking, swords used in Sebastian's 'magic' trick and blood.

Y/N watched as Lau sent swords flying through the cabinet Sebastian had just stepped into. The first rammed straight into his head while the rest were much more random. Eventually Lau ran out of swords to skewer Sebastian with and the crowd lost their shit. Women and men alike gasped in horror, a few even screamed. Y/N chuckled at their reactions; she knew it would take more than some pointy pieces of metal to end Sebastian. He was annoying like that. When he emerged from the cabinet unharmed, the crowd gasped in amazement and Sebastian and Lau bowed and cleaned up their little party trick. Once all their props were put away, Sebastian rejoined Lau and Madam Red for a quick chat before he excused himself to once again find Y/N. She had mingled her way through the crowd of guests but he was able to find her quite quickly. He was a demon after all. Y/N sighed in defeat as he approached her, "I've got a similar pair of glasses. We could've matched."

"Such a shame. If you had bothered to stay and chat this morning in the Undertaker's Parlor, we could've put together a much better plan than just sneaking into the Viscount's party and interrupting my master's infiltration," his smile was fake and his words were laced with venom.

"Well, I had business to attend to. You saw that man I found. He would've died if I didn't get him to a hospital," Y/N sipped some lemonade to calm her nerves.

"I thought the Lion didn't kill people," Y/N knew he was trying to catch her off guard, but it didn't work.

"I don't," Y/N didn't falter at all, "He was hit by a carriage and I simply found him." Sebastian just chuckled; he obviously didn't believe her. She was lying but she still technically didn't kill him. As far as she knew the bastard was still alive in a hospital bed somewhere, his wife and niece skipping town to start over. "It's cruel though," Y/N traced the rim of her glass with a gloved finger, "Letting the young boy believe it's the Viscount who's behind all of this and not his dear Aunt." That seemed to catch the demon's attention.

"Whatever do you mean, milady?" He was playing coy. He had known the whole time who was responsible for the murders.

"It's obvious, isn't it?" Y/N took another sip for dramatic effect, "The Viscount of Druitt isn't Jack the Ripper; Madam Red and Grelle Sutcliff are." Y/N had made sure to whisper the last part, sending the party goers into a panic wouldn't do any good.

"And how, might I ask, did you arrive at that conclusion?"

"Their uterus. Madam Red has enough medical knowledge to be able to perfectly remove it. In fact, she's preformed that procedure on all the murder victims already. She's not ripping it out after they've been hacked to pieces because they already had her remove it. It's one of the only things the victims had in common aside from their professions. Simple victimology pointed to Madam Red, but look at her," Y/N nodded over to the woman with layers of red fabric and black lace covering her body, "She's the center of attention and she knows it. So how could she be off committing murder? Simple: her servant is the one hacking the women to bits. Grelle's nowhere to be seen. In fact, she waited until neither you nor your master were looking before slipping back out the front door. No one would bat an eye at a servant leaving, especially with Madam Red distracting them. But why would Grelle hack prostitutes to bits when they've done nothing to her? Another simple answer: for fun, she enjoys causing trouble like this and Madam Red was willing to share a motive with her. They're what I call a 'Death Duo': one is a dominate with a mission in mind, the second is a submissive who looks to the dominant for orders and a reason to kill. However, I have a feeling that Grelle will not stay the submissive for much longer. She enjoys ripping people into bits too much to be controlled by Madam Red. The second Grelle has a chance to get rid of her, she will. If anything, you can be sure that Grelle is the more dangerous of the two. I would go as far as to call her inhuman. She reminds me of a Grim Reaper to be honest. It's beautiful in a way." For the first time she could recall, Sebastian looked at her without disgust, but with some strange form of curiosity. He still wasn't fond of her by any means but he couldn't deny she was perceptive. Her accuracy and ability to solve the murder so quickly was shocking. Where exactly had she gotten all this information from? When he asked Y/N just smiled fondly. Quickly that fond smile turned into the cheshire cat grin the Undertaker frequently wore. "What were you expecting? He is a good friend of mine." Y/N wore a cocky smirk as she finished off her drink.