Promises, Promises

Y/N had known that there would be trouble this evening as far as Agni was concerned. However she hadn't expected Sebastian to be as troubled about it as he was. "Are you sure he's going to pose that much of a threat?" Y/N asked her demon friend.

"Are you so sure he won't? You seem quite calm for someone who knows how powerful Mister Agni can be," Sebastian observed as he lightly coated Y/N's cheeks with blush.

"Well, I don't think he'll use that power to cause us trouble," Y/N argued while Sebastian added the final touches to her makeup. "He's not malicious, just overly concerned is all. He's just determined to do what he thinks is right." Y/N examined herself in the mirror. Sebastian had been placed in charge of doing her makeup yet again seeing as Mey-Rin's vision could not be trusted when up close and the Undertaker was not available. "Not bad," Y/N said as she turned away from the glass. "If being a butler doesn't work out, you could be a stylist of sorts."

"You're too kind, Lady Y/N." Sebastian bowed before removing his supplies from the table beside Y/N's bed. "So you will keep an eye out for him?"

"Yes," Y/N sighed in defeat. "I will if you're that concerned about him. Though I don't know how you expect me to be able to stop him in this." Y/N took up fists of the dress she was wearing and swayed it around her body. "I'll be slowed down by this thing."

"Perhaps, but aside from myself, you are the only one here who take a hit from Mister Agni's right hand." Y/N nodded, knowing Sebastian had a point.

"Yes, but being able to take one of his punches and being able to hold him back are two very different things," Y/N pointed out. "I can regrow limbs and heal quickly in a matter of moments, but I can't magically match the strength of my opponents."

"While that is true, should Mister Agni spiral out of control it will be up to you to protect our guests and the young Earl while I deal with him. Do you understand?"

"Yes, I understand," Y/N eventually caved. "But what of the Prince? What if he shows up?"

"I trust we can easily take care of his Highness. The only threat he may pose is his loud mouth." Y/N laughed at Sebastian's deduction.

"You're not wrong, but how would we explain why we're housing two Indian men?" Y/N asked as she pulled on a pair of gloves.

"Simple. We tell them the Prince and his butler are old friends of yours. You met them in your early childhood in your hometown and they are visiting you here as a surprise." Y/N nodded as she listened to the lie Sebastian fabricated. It was a believable story; no one knew exactly where Y/N came from, so her having strange friends wasn't out of the realm of possibility.

"I see. So I'm tonight's scapegoat in case things go south?" Y/N smiled one last time before she noticed a carriage appear outside of her window. "Well then, I shall play my part the best I can. Just keep Randall as far away from me as possible."

"I shall try my best, Y/N." Sebastian bowed before he left Y/N to go and help their guests from their carriage. The young lady waited a few moments before she decided to make her way out of her room and down towards the grand staircase that led to the ground floor. Y/N smiled as she saw Ciel already waiting for her. "I hope I didn't keep you from greeting your distinguished guests."

"If you were to fall down the stairs and fracture your spine, do you think it would be enough to get them to leave as quickly as they arrived?" Ciel asked, placing a hand around his chin as if he was deep in thought.

"Well, as tempted as I am to find out, I think that it might take more than a couple stairs to break my spine," Y/N chuckled.

"What if Sebastian or Finny pushed you with their full strength?"