Back to the Future

Y/N felt a cold sweat drip down her forehead as she shook from under her covers. She was back home. She was home. Y/N threw the covers off her body and she ran to the nearest window like her life depended on it, throwing open the blinds she looked out to see her yard and neighbor's house just like they had always been. There was no bustling London street, no 19th century women in flowing dresses, just the neighborhood that she lived in. Y/N clutched the window frame as she tried to steady her rapid breathing and tried not to throw up. Y/N fell to her knees and she held them close to her chest on the floor. She sat there shaking and whispering to herself "I made it home, I'm home," over and over for several minutes before she finally stopped shaking. It was then that she realized she wasn't in her hoodie: She was in the night gown Alice bought her in London. Y/N gripped the fabric, almost ripping it off her body, "It wasn't a dream. I was there, I was in London," her breaths sped up again and she started to hyperventilate. It felt like hours before she was able to regain her composure and stand up again. Y/N walked through her house to the kitchen like she had seen a ghost. Once she reached the kitchen, she looked for where she had left her phone. She found it sitting beside the couch. Y/N took a couple of deep breaths before turning it on. The time was 11:34 and the date wasn't July 25th like it would have been in the Black Butler version of London she had disappeared to; the date was the day after her school let out. According to her phone, Y/N hadn't been gone for the last 24 hours, she had just been asleep. "What the fuck is going on?" Y/N whispered to herself as she collapsed on the couch gripping her phone and hair in her hands.

Y/N stayed on the couch for about half an hour before she stood up and made herself breakfast. She was moving as if she was in a trance, still trying to process all that had happened. As she ate, she mentally went over what she knew: she had gone to bed and woken up in London on July 24 in 1888. She stayed with Alice Brewer working as a waitress for the night and met Fred Aberline. After the pub closed she went on a patrol and stopped a man from harassing a prostitute. The Undertaker spoke to her but she didn't say anything to him directly. The only canon character she spoke to was Aberline. After her patrol she went back to Alice's pub and got ready for bed. She went to sleep in the pub and woke up at home. According to her phone's time and date she had only been gone for 9 hours and 34 minutes. She had no missed calls and only a few unread texts and notifications to prove she hadn't been missing. She woke up in her own house in the nightgown from London which proved that it had been real. Y/N thought about it more and more but nothing special aside from her interactions with Aberline and the Undertaker seemed to stand out to her. She knew she couldn't have changed the storyline in just one day by being a waitress and helping just one woman. It was just a dumb idea to think she had that much impact in only 24 hours. The thought of having no impact made Y/N's heart sting a little bit as she put up her plate in the dishwasher. "You're not seriously thinking about going back?" asked the voice in her head, "You have no idea how you got there or how you made it back. Plus what if you die? You could've taken on those drunks or that asshole pig but what if someone like Sebastian or Grelle went after you? It's dangerous and only Abigail and Christopher would even notice you'd gone missing."

Unless...

"Only the time I would spend sleeping passes," Y/N said out loud, "My body passes from now to Black Butler when I sleep and vice versa. When I go to sleep again, I should wake up in the Pub. It makes some sense, I fell asleep in my bed and woke up in the alley. Then I went to bed in the pub and woke up at home. Only the time I spent sleeping passed and the only thing that changed was what I was wearing because I changed into different clothes before I went to bed in London. Plus, I know exactly who to avoid and how. That should keep me somewhat safe." Y/N told these things to herself as she took off the nightgown and got ready to take a shower. Hopefully it would help her wake up and she could focus a little more on what's going on.