Late Night Tea

Warning: Mentions of Madam Red's dead body and Grelle Abuse

"Will!" Grelle shouted, her face covered in bruises and blood flowing out her nose and dripping down her chin. "William!" William T. Spears stood on the roof of the buildings, towering all around them. The moonlight reflected off his Reaper's Spectacles which he adjusted with his scythe. "You came to rescue meee-" Grelle was silenced as Will landed on her head, shoving her face into the concrete. 

"Dispatch member Grelle Sutcliff," William addressed the woman whose head he stood upon, "You are guilty of having violated our ordinances." The standing Reaper began listing off Grelle's violations which included the following: killing those not on the 'To Die' List and modifying her Death Scythe without filling out a proper application. He kicked her in the face three times. Ciel was a little taken aback by his behavior.

"I guess Reapers can't die from head trauma," Y/N muttered to him. When Spears was done beating the shit out of Grelle, he yanked her away by her long red hair.

"We will return to headquarters right away and have you submit a written apology and report." The Reapers made their way over to Y/N, Ciel, and Sebastian. The demon had been inspecting his young master to make sure he was completely fine.

"Listen!! I was just about to get killed, you hear!?" Grelle shouted.

"Quiet." Spears slammed Grelle into the ground once more before bowing down in front of Sebastian and Y/N. "I apologize for all the trouble that thing has caused you. Ah. My card." Will pulled two business cards out of his jacket pocket and handed one to each of them. "Really," he sneered, "Having to bow to a noxious beast like you..." The glare the Reaper sent Sebastian was something fierce. "Is an affront to all Reapers."

"Then please keep watch over your underlings as so not to inconvenience said noxious beast," Sebastian smirked as Will stood up straight, "Humans are easily tempted. When they are poised on the edge of hellish despair, and a spider's thread of salvation presents itself, they will invariably grasp it..." The demon looked sideways towards the Earl. "No matter the manner of human."

"Taking advantage of that, you devils seduce humans..." Spears adjusted his glasses once more, running a hand over his slicked hair. "And live by leeching off of them, isn't that right?"

"I do not deny that." The demon chuckled as Y/N rolled her eyes. "At least he's not lying," she thought.

"Though as a collared pet dog," the Reaper looked over to Ciel who was still kneeling by Madam Red's body, "I suppose you're somewhat better than a mad dog with no sense of fidelity, hm? But you are not the only one whom I have been sent to apologize to." That caught Y/N off guard, he was supposed to leave now. "Madam Anomaly," William bowed once more, just to her, "I ask again that you please forgive the Reaper Dispatch for allowing such a disgrace to meet your acquaintance." Y/N didn't say anything. She just stared at the back of William's head.

"What do you mean?" She managed to choke out. Why did he call her 'Madam Anomaly'?

"Are you not aware?" He straightened his back and readjusted his glasses again.

"Aware of what?"

"You are what we Reapers refer to as an 'Anomaly'. You cannot suffer physical damage and you are not of this world, no?" Y/N stared him dead in the eyes. He knew what she was? "When you suffered damage from Dispatch Member Sutcliff's Scythe, your Cinematic Record did not begin to play, and you have recovered your lost arm. We Reapers have dubbed creatures like you 'Anomalies'. We do not know anything else about your species or origin. However, you seem passive enough. I do not believe you will cause us any future issues." All eyes were on Y/N, whose hands were shaking. Sebastian looked her up and down, as if she was some unreadable and unpredictable being.