A Strange Waitress

Y/N's heartbeat was all she could hear as it pounded in her ears. Alice Brewer shook her and was trying to tell her something but she couldn't hear her, she couldn't even move. She was in London, in July, in 1888. 1888 was when Jack the Ripper began tearing through prostitutes who worked around White Chapel. Y/N wasn't a prostitute but she was thanking god the kid was the one to find her instead of Madam Red or Grelle. While Y/N wasn't 100 percent positive she was in Black Butler she knew she had heard Alice say something about a 'Guard Dog' down by the bar and the time period fit, so did the location. Slowly sound started to drip back into Y/N's ears and she felt Alice's arms around her, shaking her. "I, I'm sorry, my knees just gave out," Y/N whispered more to herself than Alice.

"It's alright dear, I'm just glad you didn't land on your head! If you need to lay down for a minute we can talk about work later, you need some rest after all that happened I should've taken ya up here right away to lay down."

"No, no it's fine," Y/N muttered as she got up on her feet again, her knees wobbled as she stumbled over to the bed and sat down, "I'll be down in a minute, I just need to collect myself."

"Of course, sweetie, I'll leave a clean pair of clothes by the door. I'm afraid I won't have a corset that'll fit ya but I should have a dress," Alice said sweetly as she left the room. Y/N whispered thanks to her as the door closed. Y/N mind raced again as she analysed her situation: she was definitely in London, and the year was definitely 1888. The way people had been dressing and their accents gave it away and actually made it believable. What Y/N couldn't believe was that she could possibly be in Black Butler, but it made sense, Alice had been talking about a 'Guard Dog' who should've been cleaning up the streets. Ciel Phantomhive was the Queen's Guard Dog, anyone who read or watched Black Butler knew that and it was practically ingrained into their head. After Y/N went over those facts in her mind a few more times while taking deep breaths she finally thought about what she had to do. How was she, a student from the twenty-first century, going to make a living in nineteenth century London? While she thought about it she heard footsteps and something being put down outside the door. "Alice!" Y/N realized, "Alice said she needed a waitress!" Y/N walked over to the door and found the simple dress folded on the ground. She picked it up and closed the door again. "If I work for Alice I won't have to worry about where I'm staying but she doesn't look like she makes a ton of money, even if she did she's letting me stay for free instead of paying for a room so I probably won't actually get any money." Y/N sighed in frustration as she slipped off her dirty hoodie and shorts. Then she remembered something from every classical story involving a bar: bounty hunters. "Every lie originates from some form of the truth, at some point in time bounty hunters had to hang around bars and stuff, I could try to do that on the side, earn some extra cash." Even though Y/N didn't dare think it, she knew why she really wanted to be a bounty hunter, she wanted to get on either the Queen's or Ciel's radar. "Just like the cheesy fanficions, if I solve enough problems someone is bound to notice, and if they don't I can just stir up some trouble down at the docks to piss off Lau, he'll eventually complain to Ciel."

Y/N had made up her mind before she even left her room to find Alice: she would work from opening to closing as a waitress for the Dozy Dog and at night she would patrol around the streets and try to fix some of the petty crime problems any town or city faces. "Like some weird, woman Batman," she mused in her mind, "Waitress by day, vigilante by night." Alice noticed Y/N come down the stairs and she rushed over to her, "Oh dear, are you sure you're alright you-" Alice stopped herself, Y/N had a new look in her eyes, she wasn't the scared little girl who just fell to her knees upstairs, she was now a woman on a mission.