Chores

To call Bard competitive and excitable was an understatement. The chef was ready to make it his life's purpose to show up Agni and his cooking skills. "Aaall right! I can't let that Indian show me up! Today, I'll do my best to-"

"No, thank you." Sebastian brushed past Brad without a second thought, snatching the frying pan out of the cook's hand. "I will cook, so please do not do anything." Y/N almost fell over laughing; she was under Sebastian's supervision for the time being. She was supposed to be 'earning her keep' and helping Sebastian around the manor or house periodically. Today Sebastian had decided he would rather deal with Y/N in the kitchen rather than Bard.

"Hey! C'mon. Today, I was gonna cook my special! Hey, you listen!" Bard shouted at Sebastian who kept grumbling about being behind schedule. "Sebastian, ya hear me?!" Y/N giggled more and more as Sebastian sighed and placed a hand on his hip.

"Oh, I say. Please do be quiet for a spel-"

"Mister Sebastian," Agni peaked in through the kitchen door, "May I come in? I was wondering if I could help you."

"Mister Agni. Please just relax." Sebastian wasn't used to having someone actually offer to help him. Y/N would offer every once and a while but she wasn't exactly another Sebastian; she was more like a little less clumsy Mey-Rin.

"We can get things done faster with the three of us! I shall do whatever you ask of me." Agni was beaming and Y/N swore she could see white little puff balls floating around him.

"Then, may I ask you to prepare the Gooseberry sauce for today's main dish and the Cottage pie? Miss Y/N can assist you."

"Of course!" Y/N waved over to Agni as she laughed at Bard's offended protests.

"Here are the recipes." The demon pulled some papers out of a nearby drawer and flipped through them. "They are my own. Let us use minced chicken for the Cottage pie. Depending on the region, you may not eat pork or beef because you are Indian."

"Some Hindi cultures don't even eat meat at all, so if that's ever the case, please let us know!" Y/N piped up, she remembered a few facts about Hindi culture from history class.

"I appreciate your thoughtfulness."

"Now! Baldo, stop being an obstruction and please step aside. You are in the way." Sebastian brushed past the chef once again, who shouted protests.

"Hey! Why'd they get to work while you're tellin' me I'm in the way!?" Baldo angrily threw himself backward and sat on a barrel of supplies.

"You go on ahead Sebastian, Agni and I'll get started in here!" Y/N assured the butler as she grabbed onto Agni's arm.

"So much to do, so much to do," Sebastian whispered as he walked off to go find another chore that needed to be taken care of.

"What do we start on first?" Agni clapped his hands together and smiled down to Y/N.

"Well, I've not done much cooking and you've probably never made an English dish before. Maybe getting some help wouldn't be too bad." Y/N nodded over the Bard who was still pouting.

"Oh," Y/N saw the lightbulb go off in Agni's head, "Chef. Mister Chef!"

"Nn hnh?" Bard was leaning back on the wall when his eyes snapped open and he jumped up. "Ch-Chef!? You talkin' to me?"

"Yes! Chef! As Miss Y/N said, I am not accustomed to cooking British food. Will you please help us?" Bard was close to tears, he was practically sparking with joy.

"Yeah! Lemme handle it! 'Cos I'm the chef after all." Baldo pumped a fist to the air and Y/N had never seen him look so happy.

"Yay! Thank you so much, Bard!" Y/N patted him on the shoulder as Agni gathered something for Bard to do.