The Curry Bun

Warning: Agni, sadly, cries blood once more.

"Cu-Curry bun?" Shouted a group of people from inside the crowd. Sebastian did not falter at the vocalization of the crowd's doubts about his cooking.

"Please enjoy," the demon urged the judges.

"What is that?" Soma asked Y/N. "I've never seen a curry of its like."

"I don't know," Y/N answered him. "He didn't tell me about his plans for today."

"I-In any case, to the taste test..." The judges all brought bites of the curry buns to their mouths. They hardly chewed for a moment before the angry judge exclaimed: "It explodes in the mouth! This is delicious! The contrast between the crunchy exterior and the fluffy interior of the fried bread, not to mention the thick, robust curry finish... It is a most skillfully formulated study in textures."

"See," Y/N thumped a hand against the Prince's chest. "Sebastian knew what he was doing."

"The truly magnificent aspect of this dish is its structure. 'Sealing' the curry in the bread was a stroke of brilliance! The bread literally seals the curry's taste, aroma, everything about it, and blooms in the instant one's knife cuts into it." As the judges went on about Sebastian's stroke of genius, Agni stood with his mouth agape. He was already aware that his competition had managed to create a magnificent curry overnight, but he wasn't expecting the bun. Y/N was watching Agni so closely she didn't realize the Viscount was opening his godforsaken mouth. When she did realize, it was too late. The Viscount's incoherent noises reached her ears before her hands could and Y/N felt like she wanted to vomit. Y/N put her hands to her ears at an alarming speed and made sure not to remove them until the Viscount's mouth stopped moving. Y/N looked down and realized that Ciel had copied her actions. Y/N couldn't help but smile as the young Earl grimaced.

"Thank you, my Lord." Sebastian offered his false thanks to the Viscount. Y/N honestly thought it as a miracle the Viscount didn't recognize Sebastian up close onstage. Sebastian was the one who wrecked his party. The crowd roared with applause at the Viscount's rave review. The three Phantomhive servants hugged and Soma threw an arm around Y/N. Y/N noticed Ciel shiver as he thought back on the night of the Viscount's party, so Y/N pulled Ciel into a hug with her and Soma. He resisted the whole time, but it distracted him from his thoughts.

"And now for the moment you've all been waiting for, Ladies and Gents... The curry tasting!" The announcer threw an arm up in the air as he informed the spectators. "Please help yourself to whichever curry you like!" And with that, the crowd dispersed to go and get samples of the curry they most desired. Most people swarmed to Agni's and Sebastian's curries. Y/N was almost beating people off with a metaphorical stick as she and Bard fought their way to the curries. Y/N managed to grab a plate of Agni's curry and Bard carried away as many curry buns as he could hold.

"Come on Bard, move, move, move!" Y/N hissed as they fought their way back to their group. When people protested that they had made away with too much food, Y/N just shouted back "It's for the children! They're hungry! We have to provide for our army of unfortunate consequences!"

Bard laughed so hard at Y/N's shouting he almost dropped all the buns. "Bard, I swear, if you drop one of those buns, you'll have to face the wrath of another 'unfortunate consequence'!"

"Yes, ma'am!" Baldroy chuckled as they found their group once more. The two distributed the buns to the 'children' and ate Agni's curry sparingly. Y/N had tasted amazing curry while working with Sebastian, but Agni's curry... Agni's curry was indeed worthy of a God. Y/N had never tasted something so perfect in her entire life! If she wasn't in a large crowd and didn't have to share the curry with everyone else, she would've eaten them all in mere seconds. Soma couldn't bring himself to share Agni's curry with Y/N, he simply couldn't eat curry made by his butler for a man he thought to be a devil. Y/N handed the tray over to Lau before patting Soma on the back.