Beautiful, Gorgeous, Gushing Red

Warning: Graphic mentions of blood and lost limbs, chainsaws, and various knives. Again this chapter is extremely graphic, read with caution.

"Right, then." Sebastian began to unbutton his jacket before he placed it over Ciel.

"Wha-!?"

"Please do not allow yourself to catch a chill." Sebastian instructed him. "Please look after the young Lord."

"Of course. I told you at the party that that's part of the reason why I'm here. I'll do my best." Y/N wiped her brow with her soaked sleeve. She tore off her cloak and placed it over Sebastian's jacket. "Can't be too careful." Y/N was referring to Ciel's asthma, though neither Ciel or Sebastian picked up on it.

"I will prepare some hot milk when we have returned to the town house. And I shall sweeten it with honey or brandy or something of the sort." Sebastian promised Ciel. "And Miss Y/N shall be joining us. She has some explaining to do about her whereabouts and origin."

"I do believe I gave you my word. I promised you could trust me, so I need to keep to my word to prove that." Y/N placed a hand on her hip and nodded to Sebastian. She was ready to protect the Earl.

"Ohhh? I'm not going to let you go running home just like that, you know!?" Grelle threatened. "Little Death Scythe here and I are both full of soooo much pent-up energy these days 'cos our quarry has been much too easy to HUNT!" She shouted as she revved her chainsaw and lunged at Sebastian, Ciel and Y/N. Y/N yanked Ciel out of the way of Grelle while Sebastian jumped to Grelle's other side. "I much prefer doing the chasing myself to being chased, Darlings!" Grelle's chainsaw cut quickly through the stone path like it was wet paper. "So let's have ourselves a marvelous round of tag, shall we!?"

"I'll pass, I've got enough on my plate with just the kid. I can't get myself distracted while I'm the one with the responsibility of a child." Y/N winked back at Grelle as she pulled her chainsaw from the ground.

"I have asked you before, and now I ask you, Miss Y/N, to refrain from uttering such vile-" Grelle swung again, Sebastian flipped away from her blade, "Drivel!"

"Aw, you're no fun, Sebastian!" Y/N laughed.

"Exactly! Don't be like that! You'll get hooked on my little one once you've had a taste," Grelle swung again, "I'm sure!" Sebastian blocked the saw with a lamppost he uprooted. The crash and grinding sound was something awful. "Ooh! You don't look it, but you're pretty powerful, Sebastian Darling!" Y/N knew what Grelle was going to say next and covered Ciel's ears with her hands while muttering: "Trust me, kid. You don't want to hear this."

"That warms my cockles too, it does!" Grelle snickered. "However... The real show begins now!" She began to apply more pressure with her scythe. "The Death Scythe can cut through a gas lamp like a twig!" The lamp did snap right in half, just as Grelle said. Y/N wasn't shocked but Sebastian and Ciel were. Sebastian was caught off guard and his arm suffered a blow from Grelle's Death Scythe. As his demon blood spewed from the wound, so did his cinematic record. Sebastian looked in confusion and awe. So did Y/N. "I shouldn't be able to see this, I'm just a human. We can't see cinematic records."

A younger, weary and dirty version of Ciel appeared before them. "From this day forth, you are my faithful dog." That was the only coherent thing Y/N could hear as more and more memories of Ciel flashed before her and Sebastian.

"This...is..." Sebastian could hardly speak and all Y/N could do was watch.

"How was it for you, hm? The pain you felt must've been rather dramatic, no?" Taunted Grelle. She had no idea Y/N had been able to see it too. "That just now was a little talent we Reapers have... The 'Cinematic Record'. Grim Reapers receive a list of those who are scheduled to die and judge them by playing back their memories using the 'Record'." Grelle began to explain the Reaper's powers and job. "We look at what sort of humans they were, and what sort of lives they lived. Should we allow them to live? Or should we kill them?" The way Grelle said it made it seem like they were simple school questions, not like she was talking about a human being's life. Y/N also knew the chance of a Reaper letting you live was almost zero. "People say a magic lantern passes before their eyes when they are on the verge of death. But that's just Reapers like lil' ole me playing back those human's memories." She explained to them. "For those who receive the judgement 'this human should die', we use our Death Scythes to sever their memories and souls from their bodies, and for them, it is 'The End'."