The Faux Angel

Warning: Mentions of Human Trafficking.

Y/N sucked in a breath, "Do it," she commanded Alice. Alice faltered before she pulled on the chinces of Y/N's new corset. It didn't hurt nearly as bad as Ciel had made it seem, though maybe it was just because of how carefully Alice was tightening it. Y/N was planning on making an appearance at the Viscount of Druitt's party later that night. While it was true Y/N knew the Viscount had nothing to do with the murders, she wanted another chance to run into Ciel and Sebastian. The party also gave Y/N a reason to spy on Madam Red and Grelle, who she knew to be the real killers behind the name Jack the Ripper.

"Alright, it's all tied up," Alice told Y/N. Y/N walked in front of the mirror to inspect herself. She noticed her form was a little bit more pronounced and her chest looked larger than she remembered, but she blamed these effects on the corset. All in all, it wasn't a bad look for her, but it would look much better once she had a dress on over it. Y/N and Alice pooled their extra money together and managed to get their hands on a very lovely (favorite color) dress. Of course, Y/N had promised Alice she would pay her back for everything once she got paid, and Alice assured her it was no problem at all. "Now for the dress," said Alice as she brought it over to Y/N., "Gonna be honest, I've never really put on somethin' this fancy before. I'll do my best to tie it up."

"That's no problem at all," Y/N assured her friend, "Neither have I, actually." It was true: Y/N had never worn a Victorian Era dress before, and even if it wasn't high quality, it certainly looked it. Alice helped Y/N slip the dress and its layers over her head and fastened it around her body. The sleeves and neckline of the dress were lined with a beautiful lace and the skirt of the dress fanned out gracefully, giving Y/N the appearance that she was floating rather than walking. The back of the dress was decorated with ribbons and bows that gave Alice a little bit of trouble, but she got it eventually and it looked stunning. There were accents across the front to complement Y/N's waist and chest. She looked almost like a princess worthy of a Disney movie. Y/N did a small twirl and giggled to herself, "I feel like some kind of royalty," she admitted to Alice.

"Well you should. You look like you just hopped out of a fairytale!" Alice went over to the small closet in Y/N's room and picked up a choker embedded with a fake jewel and a necklace that was just as fake. Neither Y/N nor Alice had saved enough money to buy real jewels, but they had just enough for some high quality fakes.

"Hmm, I'll take the (choker/necklace)," Y/N decided. The accessory had gems that perfectly complemented her dress. Alice carefully placed the jewelry around Y/N's neck and clasped it shut.

"Beautiful," Alice whispered as she adjusted it so it laid perfectly around Y/N's neck. Y/N smiled as she looked at herself in the small mirror she had. She was starting to look like a proper Noble Woman. "Now, what are we gonna do about your hair and makeup. I haven't got anything for either of those," Alice muttered.

"Actually, I have a friend coming over to help with that. He should be here soon," no sooner had the words left her lips did someone knock on the door to the room, "Ah, there he is." Y/N stood up and walked over to the door. She opened it and was greeted by the Undertaker who had a satchel with his supplies and his signature smile.

"Hope I'm not interrupting, but I'm here to make Miss Y/N look just as lovely as one of me guests," he chuckled as he walked into the room and began to lay his supplies across Y/N's bed. Alice gave Y/N an 'are you shitting me' look. 

"Look," Y/N shrugged, "He knows what he's doing, and we don't. It's him or nothing." Alice didn't bother to argue: she knew Y/N was right. The Undertaker could do better than either of them could with the limited time they had, and their general lack of knowledge of nineteenth century makeup and hair styles would be a problem. "I owe you for this, Undertaker," murmured Y/N as she sat down on the bed so he could get to work.