A Rickety, Old Bar Stool

"Thank you so much Sebastian!" Y/N hopped out of the carriage and onto the cobblestone streets of downtown London.

"Are you sure you do not wish for me to escort you further, Lady Y/N?"

"No, this is my street after all! I still remember the way!" Y/N waved off the butler. Ciel still allowed Y/N biweekly meetings with her old friends from London. It was one of the conditions of her agreement to move in with the Earl and his staff. "Thank you so much again for taking me!"

"Of course, my Lady." Sebastian placed a hand over where his heart would be, that is, if he has one. Y/N was still unsure. She probably wouldn't believe he had one unless she heard it beat with her own two ears.

"I told you, you can just call me Y/N when it's just us," Y/N smiled up to her demon friend. "I'm not technically anyone of status. In fact, I don't think I even technically exist."

"Be that as it may, you are still an associate of the young Master and I am to respect you as such." Sebastian had always been hellbent on following the proper protocol of late 1800's manners.

"True, but I'm your friend as well and you don't make your friends refer to you as if you're above them. Take this as one of your first lessons in friendship: you and I are of the same social status. Neither of us are human anyway," Y/N whispered as she pet one of the carriage's horses.

"Then, Y/N, I shall be off back to the manor. Shall I arrive to retrieve you at the same time as always?"

"Yes, now get back home. I'm sure the young Earl and Prince Soma miss your company most desperately." Y/N snickered to herself, both Soma and Ciel had grown weary of Sebastian. Though Ciel never particularly found himself missing his butler, Soma was absolutely terrified of him. With the curry contest coming up soon, Sebastian had taken to spending his whole day in the kitchen preparing the perfect curry. Soma had been forced to taste test said curry to see if it was up to scratch with Agni's. So far, none had come close.

"Yes, I'm afraid I've fallen terribly behind schedule," Sighed the demon. Naturally he was more worried about the time than anything else.

"Go on then, I won't keep you any longer. Have a safe trip back!" Y/N waved her friend off as he and the carriage disappeared down the winding cobblestone roads. The young woman skipped off into the heart of the busy city to find the pub she was looking for while the demon's mind wandered. "She called the town house 'home', does she really care for us in such a way?" Y/N had only been staying with them for about a month but she had made it clear from the beginning she intended to make an imprint on their lives. Could it have been some strange 'Anomaly' habit, or was she a spy of sorts? Whatever her reason was, Sebastian could detect no malice or evil festering inside the young woman. "Perhaps that's what 'Anomalies' do, they appear suddenly with one objective that they've been sent to complete. Now, the real question is: who would send such a creature in the form of a human? Surely not God or Satan, there is nothing holy or unholy about her, and humans are oh so weak." The demon knew he would drive himself mad if he kept asking himself questions that he already knew he couldn't answer. "All will be revealed in time, I suppose."

Y/N darted through alleyways and ducked under hanging signs, she was already late but she had spent even more time talking to Sebastian. If she wanted to make it into the Dozy Dog before lunch rush hit, she would have to run. The parcel tucked under her arm was thrown about as Y/N snaked through the crowd of shoppers. Y/N had also been helping Soma taste test some of the curries and this had been one of her favorites. Sebastian wrote down the recipe he used for her to give to Alice so the Dozy Dog could expand it's menu. Y/N shouted apologies as she ducked through and around busy men and women who walked from shop to shop. "Sorry!" Y/N squeaked as she bumped into a little girl who looked to be around 11. Y/N stumbled into a few more people before finally making it to the pub. The young girl threw open the door and announced her arrival with a loud "I'm only a few minutes late, there's a million people crowding the streets!"