A Midnight Stroll

"Another mysterious attack," Y/N read aloud from the newspaper's headlines, "A coffeehouse in Piccadilly Circus severely damaged." She sighed as she leaned back into the plush lounge chair.

"Well! Why, Lord Earl and Lady Y/N! What popular little things you two are!" Lau laughed to himself as Y/N passed him the paper. 

"I'm going to level with you guys. Soma and Agni have been acting more than a little suspicious." Y/N leaned back in her chair and Lau nodded in agreement. "They left so late last night, and they didn't get back until almost morning."

"Mm, you're quite right." The young Earl sighed as he opened an envelope, the word 'invitation' written across it. "Every time I come to London, I can't go a day without one of these," He muttered. "However, I can't fathom why they would cause those incidents. Going by their behavior, the theory of a grudge against colonial rule seems weak at best."

"I have to agree with you on that one. If they're looking for one specific person, why go after all those different people?" Y/N tossed out the question. "Sure, they could be trying to cover their tracks, but you could do that with just three or four other victims."

"And if they were indeed the perpetrators, would they leave the town house in blatant view of our sight as they did?" Ciel pointed out. "Just thinking back on it makes me angry."

"Yes, I would have tried to sneak out in the dead of night rather than announce my leave," Y/N sighed.

"That's like practically begging us to suspect them. Besides-"

"Well, thennn!" Lau interrupted the Earl. "To expediate matters, you just have to trial them at night."

"Well, we're heading out," Soma called back to Ciel and Y/N as he and Agni began to slip out the front door. "Hurry to bed, little runt Ciel!" With that, the door slammed shut behind them. Ciel, Lau, Sebastian and Y/N slipped out only moments after the two Indians. The four of them followed the Prince and his butler all throughout London. Not once did either man do anything to warrant any suspicion. The two ducked in and out of bars and local restaurants, showing patrons and workers that horrible picture of Mina. No one seemed to recognize her, probably because of how bad the drawing was. All credit to the Prince, but no one would recognize anyone if they were drawn like this.

Person after person dismissed them saying they couldn't recognize her

Person after person dismissed them saying they couldn't recognize her. A few people even laughed.

Ciel, Y/N, Sebastian and Lau peaked out from behind a brick wall as they watched the Indians storm down the alley. "By all appearances, they really are just trying to find someone, hmmm?" Lau asked.

"In order to obtain information about someone in England, the primary stop should always be the local pubs and clubs. They aren't doing anything out of the ordinary." Both Ciel and Y/N both shivered in the chilly London air. Y/N noticed they weren't too far from the Dozy Dog. "Maybe I can stop by and see Alice."