Chapter 7: The Deal

Y/N-
I head down to the drinks table with Blaise and he gets us each a drink. I could feel the eyes on me. I feel a hand on my shoulder attempting to turn me around. "What do you want Riddle-" I turned around expecting to see one of them, but it was Cedric.

"Oh sorry, I figured you were.... Uh nevermind-" I said and he laughed.

"No big deal, I was just wondering if maybe you'd want to dance with me?" He looked between me and Blaise trying to determine if we came together.

Blaise winked at me, nodding his head In Pansy's direction. "Sure." I sad taking his hand as he lead me out onto the dance floor.

"I actually had a favor to ask you" Cedric said smiling at me.

"Oh and what can I do for you Hufflepuff?" I was smiling. Cedric was one of the best looking guys in our school, but not just that. He was loyal, compassionate, and tough. I had watched him take out bully's twice his size when they messed with people from his house.

"Well you see, you're the strongest witch or wizard in this school. And seeing as I placed my name in the cup, I was hoping you might help me train for the tournament?"

"You're two years ahead of me in school, I'm sure there's plenty I haven't learned yet-"

"But see I don't want help with the magic they teach us, I want help with other areas.... darker areas of magic"

I couldn't help but smile. The trademark poster child of Hufflepuff was wanting me to teach him dark magic? Of course I had taught myself a lot of.... Let's just say spells they wouldn't dare teach in a school.

"And what makes you think I'm trained in the darker arts?"

He gave me a look of calculation. "Let's just say I've got a feeling"

"And what if you aren't chosen for the tournament?"

"Then there's nothing lost. These skills could very well help me if he who must not be named returns" he looks up at the Riddles who hadn't moved.

"Alright Hufflepuff. I'll make you a deal. I'll train you and teach you to defend yourself against strong dark forces if you help me in return."

"And what could y/n y/l/n, the most powerful witch in this school, possibly need help with?"

"I want you to train me in hand to hand combat. No wands. No magic. Just plain self defense."

He looked shocked. He glanced at the Riddles then back to me. "Is this because of them?"

I hesitated "What no? Why would you ask that?"

"Have they been bothering you? I mean I noticed what happened in the Great Hall that first day, but are they still messing with you? Cause if you would prefer, I'll just beat them up myself."

I put my hand on his chest to calm him down. "I'm fine, seriously. I just don't like being outmatched. If I do find myself in a situation where I have nothing to defend myself with but my hands, I want to be prepared."

"Alright then Slytherin, looks like you've got yourself a deal."

————

A/N-
Sorry this chapter was short, I really just wanted to stop here for ✨dramatic effect✨

~553 words