Chapter 63: Diving into the Past

Y/N-

"You want to get lost in time?"

"As long as I'm with you. I don't care where or when we are."

"Careful Tom. You're starting to sound like you have feelings."

He closed the gap between us completely and lifted my chin so I was looking into his eyes. "I want you to know exactly how you make me feel."

And he kissed me.

This was a kiss for the history books. It felt like the room was spinning around us and all of the external magical forces and fates were pulling us in closer against each other.

When we finally pulled apart we stood there resting our foreheads against each other.

No one moved, our chests rising and falling against each other in sync.

Then we heard the door click.

Immediately we sprinted into the closet, so as to not be seen by our past selves.

I heard Tom and Theo's past selves come bursting through the door into the room.

"I'm going to kill her!" A very pissed off Tom screamed.

I turned to look at my Tom pressed against me in the closet and cocked my head smirking. He just rolled his eyes and kept listening.

"You'd never hurt her and we both know it." Mattheo responded in an annoyed tone.

"Would you care if I did? You've got your nose so far up Astoria's ass, would you even notice?"

"F*ck off Tom. Astoria is good enough for the time being."

"For the time being? You still can't possibly think she is going to forgive and get back with you."

"I don't need her. She is just a b!tch who's unworthy of the gifts she was given. If we have to, I'd be okay with taking her out."

It felt like a jab in the chest. I know he probably didn't mean the words, but to hear Theo completely numb was painful.

"You don't mean that Mattheo. You still love her. I still love her. I'd rather take my own life then take hers."

"I don't love her anymore. Just like her promise, my love for her died with Cedric."

And we heard them turn and leave the room.

Tom and I emerged from the closet. My mind was racing. I know this was a month ago and the Theo in this time is not the same Theo that admitted his feeling to Tom at the dance.

But still.....

Thinking about him in that headspace.

Willing to take me out?

Would he actually betray me like that?

The next time we get into a fight or if we end up on opposite sides of the war, would he hunt me?

Did I really know him at all?

How did we go from that night at the top of the astronomy tower, staring out at the constellation he'd gifted to me, to this??

Tom's hand clasped around my chin, turning my face to look him in the eyes.

"Forget what you heard. That is not the same Mattheo as the one from our time. Ours would never hurt you." Tom spoke in a soft whisper.

I just nodded and tried to shake off the intrusive thoughts swarming my brain.

He dropped his hand and started gathering materials from his cabinet for the potion.

After twenty or so minutes we had completed everything necessary. Now it just had to sit for a week then the next round of ingredients could be added.

We stood up. He lifted the pot containing the potion. He pointed his wand at the floor, "diffendo."

A small crack in the wooden floor appeared. He reached his hand inside and lifted up the floorboard, storing the pot underneath it. He then replaced the wood and muttered, "reparo."

You would never have known it was there.

I reached for the time-turner, so we could skip a week ahead but Tom grabbed my wrist before I could reach it.

"No."

"What do you mean no?"

"I'm going to teach you how to fight."

"What? Right now?"

"Yes. While we have all the time in the world I am going to make sure you are never caught outmatched."

"Fine."

I backed up and he cleared room for us to spar. Then turned around and stared at me. "Hit me."

"What?"

"I said. Hit me."

Don't have to tell me twice.

I stepped forward and swung, as expected he caught that arm so I swung upwards with the other catching him in the chest.

He was knocked a step back and let go of his grip on my hand before taking a swing of his own. I dodged it barely, the air from his knuckles grazing my cheek

I stepped back and he stopped.

"You actually almost hit me?!"

"Well yeah." He said in a sort of confused tone. "Girl guy, young old, if you're out in the field the death eaters are going to fight to the death. They won't care who you are. What kind of a teacher would I be if I didn't train you in the same way they are going to fight?"

"Cedric never-"

"That's my point."

"So you want to fight to the death?" I asked trying not to laugh at the insinuation.

"Yes. Yes I do."

———————-

A/N- Sorry it was exam week and things have been CRAZY here!! I will try to get an extra chapter out this week to make up for it!!!

To all my Theo fans, I hear you and sweethearts be patient. All good things to those who wait.....

And for my Tom fans, buckle up.....

Everyone will be satisfied in the end I promise!!! Hell there is even one point where she is with someone else entirely.....

But each and every one of you will get what you are hoping for I can assure you that.

And no that does not necessarily mean a happy ending or a sad ending but both. Y'all are going to love and hate me, but I promise the story is worth the wait!!

Love y'all!! Have a great weekend!!

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!! <3

~1021 words