Chapter 30: Secrets

Y/N-

"What?" He looked at me confused.

"There's a prophecy about me."

"What do you mean?"

"Look you can't tell Tom. Promise me."

"Won't tell him what?! Y/n what kind of prophecy?"

"Like a destiny. A future foretold."

"Are you kidding? Is this a joke?"

"No Theo it's not." He paused thinking for a second.

"Wait. It's not THE prophecy is it? Like the one Tom and that new kid are after?!"

I looked down. I don't know. I mean I'm pretty sure, but Harry also has one so he could be the deciding factor not me.

"I'm not sure."

"What do you mean you aren't sure?"

"I mean I don't know! I only know two lines-"

"What are they?"

F*ck. I can't tell him that he's destined to be with me. I'm all for being forward, but I'm not trying to give the man a heart attack. And what if it's not talking about him? The devil had two sons.

"I can't tell you."

"Why the f*ck not?"

"Because if Tom finds out you know then he'll read your mind and he can't know."

"I can keep him out of my head!"

"I'm sorry but that's not a risk I can take."

"So what does this all have to do with keeping us a secret? If you are really that worried, why tell me now?"

"Because Dumbledore made me make a deal that if I distance myself from you and Tom till the end of the year, then he would tell me the entire prophecy."

He looked like he was having a stroke. "So your telling me that you made another deal at my expense just for your own motifs?!"

"You don't understand! I have to know my place in this war. My entire life I've felt like I'm not living up to my potential! You've witnessed the power I possess! I have to know why it was given to me. There has to be a reason that your father killed my mother and burned my house to the ground all those years ago! There has to be a reason he wanted me dead! I need to know."

"Why so you can kill him when he comes back?"

"Maybe."

"So that's what this is all really about! You want revenge!"

"And what if I do!"

"You're going to get yourself killed that's what! And you don't get to do that! You don't get to have this superiority complex and sacrifice yourself for everyone else!"

"Why not?!"

"Because I f*cking love you that's why!! And I won't let it happen!"

I stopped. Everything stopped. Even Theo stopped shocked at his own confession.

"I-" he started but I cut him off by kissing him. I didn't want him to regret it or take it back.

When I pulled away he looked down at me. "We'll keep it a secret." He said.

"What?"

"I see how important this is to you, so I'll play along. Outside of these doors your the enemy, but in here you're mine."

"Are you sure?"

He let out a smirk. "Yes, but on one condition."

"Oh and what might that be?"