Chapter 80: Let the War Begin

FRED WEASLEY-

For the first time ever, I was able to show her what she looks like to me.

My angel.

Not a weapon.

An angel.

The prophecy says she could be either and she fears she can't be both, but she doesn't have to be.

She's an angel.

Always has been.

The first day I laid eyes on her she was fist fighting Malfoy for making fun of her for not knowing any spells.

As Snape came to carry him to the hospital wing, she yelled "I don't need spells asshole!"

I smiled down at her and reached behind me handing her the clothes she'd piled on the counter.

And left her to get dressed.

———————-

Y/N BLACK-

I pulled on the t-shirt and shorts then Mattheo's old sweatshirt over the top.

And walked out into the kitchen. George had made pasta and portioned it out between the three of us. We ate in almost silence, they occasionally cracked jokes trying to lighten the mood.

At every crack or crunch in the woods I jumped.

They tried to convince me to relax, but each time I had to check it out.

By the time dinner was over and we were heading to sleep, I had scared the shit out of an owl, a rabbit, and a doe.

But eventually we retired to the bedroom and they cozied up on the bed.

I pulled on black leggings instead of the shorts and slipped on an all black sweatshirt of my fathers from the closet instead.

Just in case.

Then I climbed into my bed next to theirs.

Endless scenarios and outcomes ran through my head like gunfire.

A war isn't won without loss.

Who would I lose?

The twins? I thought glancing over at them. They laid on the pillows and Fred shot me a sympathetic look before closing his eyes.

What about the rest of the Weasley's? Or the trio? Who would fall sacrifice in battle?

What about Lupin and Tonks? Snape?

I've already lost my father and they are the only parental figures I have left. Can I protect them through this?

And then there's Draco and Blaise. Friends turned family. Would they make it?

Or the people who are my entire world.

Can I save them?

Will the Riddles and I get our happy ever after?

Or will I lose one of them....

Or both....

Would I survive till the end?

Am I truly immortal? Or have my anchors been destroyed?

The thoughts rang and rang till the clock showed 3am.

I can't keep thinking like this.

I won't survive like this.

I went into the war trying to play the angel.

But that's not realistic.

My mindset would be different this time.

Usually I go into a fight looking to harm and injure, only willing to kill the Dark Lord.

But I was a fool.

Holding back is what got me captured and it's what will get me and the ones I love killed.

This is war.

Kill or be killed.

And I won't let the people who stand behind me get hurt.

From this day forth, if they choose to back Voldemort, then they can share in his fate.

I sat up in bed.

I wasn't going to be able to go to sleep. Glancing over, I saw the twins knocked out.

As quietly as possible I moved to the edge of the bed and slipped on my tennis shoes and a giant sweatshirt.

I held out my hand, welcoming my wand into its grasp.

Then headed out into the night.

I stood there staring into the dark abyss.

I closed my eyes.

And felt for him.

When I opened my eyes again, I wasn't in the Forrest.

I was standing in Diagon Alley, staring at a group of death eaters preparing to storm the leaky cauldron.

I closed my eyes again and I opened my eyes to the Forrest.

Let the war begin.

———————

A/N- ladies and gentlemen I am back!! I know this chapter is short and I will try to add an additional chapter for y'all!!

I have my head on straight now and I thank everyone who sent me love and empathy!! I appreciate all of you and in good faith I'll give you a sneak peak at what's to come.....

I may or may not have have just written a 🌶 chapter that's coming...

And may I say.... Welcome to 🗼....

I will try to get the next chapter out to y'all this week!

Merry Christmas my lovelies!!

Don't forget to vote!! And remember if you ever need me I am here for y'all!!! Love y'all!!! <<333

~778 words