Chapter 12: Quidditch

TOM RIDDLE-

She's too powerful. If our father returns and she's not on our side it could mean serious damage. We have to turn her to the dark side at all costs.

I explained to Theo my concerns and he agreed.

"So what do you think we should do?" He asked.

"I think we need to make her fall in love with us."

"Easy. Every girl falls in love with me. I'll do it." He said looking at me with a smirk.

"I think we should both try. Double our chances."

He stuck his hand out to mine. "May the best Riddle win."

Oh I will. But first, I want to know what I'm fully up against. I'm going to uncover her past, her secrets, anything she could be hiding. Because if this fails, we can't leave anything up to chance.

I knew the story about the fire. That was kind of common knowledge, the reason why she didn't know her blood status. But she was just an infant, and in a house burning to the ground someone would of had to pull her from the flames. And I knew just where to start looking.....

—————-

THEO-

I've never been more excited for a competition with my brother in my life. He was sneaky, manipulative, and powerful. When it came to us, he tended to outsmart me. But this. This was a game I couldn't lose.

—————

Y/N-

I was on my way to the quidditch fields when Theo comes sprinting up to me.

"Hey where are you going?"

I look down at my quidditch gear and back up to him. "So your obviously not the brains of y'all's operation."

He smiled and let out a small laugh. "Funny. I just wanted to say good luck and I'll see you out there." He turned to walk away.

What? Did he just laugh after I insulted him? No death threats? What was happening? Good luck? And what did he mean by 'I'll see you out there'?

When I finally reach the quidditch field, Flint filed everyone out to make an announcement.

"Everyone I would like to welcome the new Slytherin Beater, Mattheo"

Of course. He walks up and stands behind me. I mutter "great now we don't stand a chance against the bludgers."

"Don't worry love. I'll protect and make sure nothing comes near you." He said smirking at me.

Alright. What the f*ck was going on?

When everyone began to split up to get ready for a game against Hufflepuff I turned and pointed my wand at Theo.

"What are you playing at?"

He throws his arms in the air sarcastically, "I don't know what you mean? I just decided that maybe I didn't hate you as much as I thought."

"I beat your ass in a duel and now you hate me less. Theo I'm not stupid. What's your angle?"

"I like it when you call me Theo." He all's over and puts his hand on mine that was pointing the wand at him. He pushes my arm down, lowering my wand. "I'm not a threat to you love. Just decided our little charade was childish and wanted you to know I wasn't going to spend my entire time trying to piss you off anymore."

"Gee thanks" I said rolling my eyes.

"I will say. You're hot when your angry."

I didn't know what to say to that so I turned and took off on my broom.

When both teams were ready they sounded the horn and the game began. Cedric flew up beside me and made me promise no hard feelings for when he would catch the snitch first.

Why are guys such d!cks? I know he was trying to be nice but I don't give a f*ck who you are, when that horn sounds I'm not your friend. I'm your opponent. And I don't lose.

I flew up in the air to get a better angle of the field. The trick to the game was not to keep turning to look for the snitch, but to feel for it's presence.

I closed my eyes and listened for it, shutting out all background noise. And I heard it, down flying by Theo's head.

I dove after it. I guess Cedric saw the direction I was looking and took off after it as well. He was positioned a lot closer than I was. The snitch flew down towards the ground as I gained on Cedric.

We both pulled up inches from the ground and stood up on our brooms like Harry had done in his first year. Cedric reached out his hand. His fingers centimeters from the snitch, so I did the only thing that came to mind. I jumped. I launched myself in front of Cedric, lacing my fingers around the snitch and crashing into the ground.

I made the mistake of trying to catch myself with my other hand upon landing and heard the bones of my hand and wrist crack. Pain seared in my hand as I held the snitch up in the other hand and the crown went wild. We had won.

I put the snitch in my pocket and summoned my broom to stop flying in circles and set it down beside me. Within seconds, the players from both teams gathered around me.

Madame Hooch took my hand in hers and I winced in pain. " ooh dear it's a broken wrist."

"I can take her to the hospital wing, Professor" Theo said as he emerged from the crowd. She nodded. He picked me up bridal style and began to walk off.

"You know my legs aren't broken right." I said looking up at him.

He let out a small laugh and looked down at me. "For goodness sake can you not be a bitch for like two seconds and let me help you?"

"Fine." I said trying not to laugh. I kind of was being a bitch. I knew that. Usually I didn't care, but he actually seemed genuine for once and I didn't want to mess it up.

"Thank you." He said smiling down at me. "That was a good catch by the way. And I'm talking about the snitch, not your failed attempt at catching yourself."

I couldn't help it. I let out a small laugh and hit him lightly with the hand that wasn't broken. "Hey! Not funny!"

That just made us laugh harder. When we got to the hospital wing he laid me down on a bed as Madame Pomfrey came dashing over, talking a hundred miles a minute.

I looked at Theo, "thanks." I said with a half smile.

"You're welcome love"

—————-