Chapter 49: Lies

A/N-

Y'ALL I DON'T KNOW HOW TO THANK YOU!!! WE JUST HIT NUMBER ONE FOR BOTH #TomRiddle and #MattheoRiddle!!!!

IM LITERALLY CRYING!! HOW?!

I LOVE YALL SM!!! THANKS!!!

——————

Y/N-

He disappeared into the maze and there was a lingering feeling of danger. I looked up and saw the Riddles leaning against the wall in the corridor so I made my way over to them.

For like thirty minutes there was nothing. Just deafening silence as we waited for someone to arrive victorious.

Then red sparks burst through the top of the maze and fleur was apparated back and sent to the hospital wing.

Three left.

Come on Hufflepuff.

I couldn't comprehend why, but I had a feeling that Harry shouldn't grab the cup.

Just an intuition.

Then I felt it. A painful stab in the chest like someone had ripped out a part of my soul.

I clutched my chest and started to collapse, when Theo's arms wrapped around me. I couldn't explain it, but I knew.

Cedric was gone.

Tears began flowing down my cheeks and I felt another pain. Harry's in trouble.

Theo held me to prevent me from falling to the ground and I turned to look at him. He looked like he knew.

How could he know?!

The dreams.

They lied to me?!

My eyes fell to Amos, who stood there patiently waiting for his son to return. My heart broke.

I shoved Theo off me and stumbled backwards, "you kn-"

I was cut off by Theo's hand clasping across my mouth and I heard it.

Bellatrix F*cking Lestrange

Her laugh rang like the sound of death in the corridor, "boys!! You're father's waiting for you!"

My eyes flicked to Theo's and he mouthed 'I'm sorry.'

Tom held a finger to his mouth telling me to be quiet and Theo pulled his hand off my mouth.

They backed away into the corridor and I stood there in shock. I heard the sound of them apparating away and I let out the sob I'd been holding in.

I made my way around the corner in time to see Harry and Cedric land in front of the crowd. For a split second I had hope that he was okay, but he didn't move.

"He's back! Voldemort's back! Cedric! He told me to bring his body back! I couldn't leave him.... Not there" Harry cried as Dumbledore came rushing to him.

I felt my body go numb. Like the whole world was collapsing around me. Arms wrapped around me and pulled me away.

"That's my son!! My boy!!" Cedric's father screamed as he clutched his sons lifeless body.

The arms pulled me against their chest as my knees hit the ground. This is my fault.

I was given one warning after the other and did nothing.

I could have stopped this.

But I trusted them-

I trusted them...