Chapter 88: The Final Battle Pt. 1

Y/N BLACK-

I looked up at Tom towering over me.

"I don't know what to think anymore."

He reached out a hand and I took it. Helping me to my feet he pulled me against him. "I'll always be there to protect you. Regardless of who you choose, your my soulmate."

And he turned and the battle continued.

One by one we began taking out death eaters til I felt a fire in my chest.

A pain so intense, that I'd only felt it like this once before.

With my father.

No.

No.

No.

I turned and on the side of the castle I saw Fred's wand fly out of his hand and he fell laughing.

I apparated as fast as I could, but I was too late.

I felt his soul rip from slowly my chest as the spell collided with his chest. Reaching out my arms I attempted to catch him.

"I love you y/n." He whispered quietly and his eyes closed.

I felt his body relax in my arms and I collapsed on top of him unable to hold his weight.

From the corner of my eye I saw Tom take out the death eater responsible, but I was too focused on Fred.

My Fred. My first friend. The one person who loved me before everything.

And just like that he's...

Gone.

"No no please come back to me Freddie! Please!" I looked down at his finger with the ring that matched my necklace. "It was supposed to be us against the world!"

Tears streamed down my face as I felt hands pull me backwards.

I looked up to meet Theo's eyes and he pulled me backwards then turned and picked up Fred's body. "In the castle!"

I followed him up the main steps and into the great hall where they had begun collecting bodies of the wounded and the deceased.

Barricaded off, it was the safest place in the castle at the moment.

Then I felt it again.

Like someone had ripped out two pieces of my soul.

No this can't be happening.

No no no please no.

Remus.

Tonks.

After this, we'll be a proper family.

His words rang in my head.

I felt my body go weak and Theo caught me from behind.

"I know. I know, but there are casualties in war love and you have to make their sacrifice worth it by continuing to fight." His whispers in my ear gave me strength.

He was right.

I'd be damned if I let Freddie die for nothing, and I owe it to Moony to make him and my father proud.

I broke free from Theo's grasp and took off into the castle taking down death eaters by the groups.

I felt someone running up behind me and turned quickly with my wand at their neck.

"Woah there love."

"Theo! Why did you leave the hall?!"

"I had to come fight with you and make sure you are safe!"