Chapter 76: Captured

TOM RIDDLE-

"He has her." I said locking eyes with Snape. I felt Mattheo tense beside me.

"What do you mean?" Theo said in a soft voice, his mind looked like it was running a hundred miles a minute.

I didn't know what to say. How do I explain to the only two people who both cared for her and knew exactly what my father is capable of, that she traded her life for mine. And all because I fell for his game.

Theo turned to face me raising his voice this time, "What do you mean he has her?!?! Tom! Answer me!!"

Snape slowly stood from his chair when I couldn't look my brother in the eye.

"I'm sorry," my voice cracked a little and it came out really quiet.

"TOM! What happened?!?!" Theo said grabbing me by the collar and forcing me to face him.

"He tricked me!! He got in my head and made me think he'd captured her, but when I went to save her I realized it was all a ruse. A trap. And I was the bait."

My eyes stayed locked on the floor and I felt my brother go weak in front of me and lean on the wall behind him for stability.

"How could you let this happen?!?!" He yelled

"I-"

"Your supposed to be the better one!! The one who could protect her!!"

"Theo-"

"No! Don't say that!! Only she gets to call me that!!"

"I'm sorry-" I felt myself choking back tears, as I felt a pain in my chest.

It had begun.

Whatever he was doing it had started.

My father was smart. He put her in a place of magical boundaries, we could feel her pain but not see what was happening or where she was.

My brother and Snape both clutched their chests.

"No no no no no no" my brother whispered as a tear rolled down his cheek. He leaned up off the wall and faced me. "This is your fault!!!"

I'd finally had enough.

"DON'T YOU THINK I KNOW THAT?!?! I KNOW!!! IT WAS MY JOB TO PROTECT HER AND I FAILED, BUT HAD IT BEEN YOU WHO GOT THE VISION YOU WOULD HAVE DONE THE EXACT SAME THING AND YOU KNOW IT!!!"

He tensed and stepped back shocked.

He'd watched me yell, manipulate, torture, kill, and intimidate a lot of people over the years but I'd never so much as raised my voice at him.

I wouldn't let myself.

When it came to him I was supposed to protect him, not scare him. I wanted him to know he could come to me when he needed someone.

But I snapped.

Something I told myself I'd never let myself do with him, but she made me crazy.

I love her like crazy.

When it comes to her it's like I can't think straight, can't see straight.... Because all I see is her...

I looked up to meet Mattheo's eyes. As he met my gaze he relaxed and moved closer.

"I didn't mean- I'm sorry." It came out quiet as I quickly moved to avoid eye contact.

He reached forward and pulled me against him in a hug and whispered, "I've got you brother."

With these words I felt myself break, "it's all my fault. And I have no idea how to save her."

From behind us Snape bellowed, "first we have to find her. But in order to do that, I'm going to need the two of you to get yourselves together."