Chapter 27: Dumbledore's Deal

Y/N-

"I want to know my prophecy."

"Ah I see. Very intelligent plan including the Riddles. But, I highly advise that you to keep your guard up with them. They can't be trusted."

"What do you mean including the Riddles?"

"There's no need to deny it Miss Black. I'm assuming one went around spreading the false rumor while the other came and reported it to me."

"Tom was the one that told you I used an unforgivable curse?"

"No it was Mattheo. So that you would get asked to my office and question me about the prophecy I presume?"

My mind was racing. Why would Theo snitch on me? What the hell was going on?!

"Well sir as you can understand, I'm curious about my destiny that has already been decided for me."

"Naturally. But you are still too young to be burdened with fate. You still have a lot to learn."

"But isn't that for me to decide? What gives you the right to gate-keep the secrets of MY future?"

"I am your Professor. I must do what is best to guide you to success. And for the time being, that is keeping you in the dark."

I want to say f*ck you, but obviously I can't do that. "Then answer me this. Why does everyone want me to distance myself from the Riddles?"

"They are the sons of Voldemort. They are dangerous."

"I don't believe you."

"What's not to believe?"

"I don't believe that everyone wants me to steer clear, just because of their father." I walked closer to Dumbledore. If he flinched I wanted to catch it.

"When two people have interlocking destiny's, the rate at which the fates align are subject to change. Especially if their paths cross sooner than intended."

Holy sh!t.

"The Riddles are mentioned in the prophecy aren't they?!"

He walked around the edge of his desk and sat, wearing a half-smile.

"I'm prepared to off you a deal." He looked up at me. "If you can distance yourself from the Riddles till the end of the school year, I will tell you the entire prophecy."

"Why?"

"To prove that you are mature enough to handle all of the weight on your shoulders."

My mind was racing. "But they aren't just going to leave me alone. They follow me around all day, every day."

He thought for a second. "If you can prove that you can remain friends. Then you may be near them."

"So the prophecy mentions a relationship between the lone descendant of the house of black, me, and the son of Voldemort?"

"The first line of the prophecy is:

The son of the devil and the child of the angels walk hand and hand."

Son of the devil? Well that's obviously them, but I'm not a child of the angels?

"Child of the angels? Sorry to inform you, but Sirius is far from being an angel."

Dumbledore let out a small chuckle. I didn't know he was capable of that.

"It's metaphorical. You were brought into the world to pair up against the devil as a tool of light against the spreading darkness. Your fate was determined long before Sirius had even decided to have a child.