TWENTY-NINE

PRISCILLA

"What a fucking joke," I growl as I walk to my car. I had my head down until I noticed someone leaning on my car. I looked up to see who it was. Xavier tilts his head while looking at me.

"Don't tell me something is wrong with your perfect little family, Priscilla," I put my hand on my hip.

"Don't patronize me, Xavier. I'm not in a good mood," He stands up straight and places his hand on my stomach. I watch the joy in his face rise. He looks down at my stomach.

"How is my baby doing today?" I let out a heavy breath causing his eyes to go on mine.

"Stressed. You could have warned me about Poppy," He moves his hand and hums.

"I've only heard about her. I have never met her before," I nod.

"She is going to be a problem," I mumble. He gives me a small smile.

"I can take care of both of you," I shake my head.

"I want someone who loves me and not my husband's sister. This may be your child but that doesn't mean I have to be with you," He sighs.

"My child but another man thinks it's his. I hate that you have to pretend Luc is the father of my daughter," I snort while folding my arms.

"Xavier, when I came to you and told you I was pregnant, you said that you weren't ready to be a father," He nods.

"I was getting high on whatever I could. Not to mention that we were sneaking around behind Luc's back. And you weren't even sure if I was the father at first," I give him a small smile.

"Yeah, well I know now," He takes a deep breath.

"Is there a problem?" I hear. I look over my shoulder to see Luna getting out of her car. Xavier looks at her before looking back at me. I look at him and look back at her.

"Again, I'm sorry, Priscilla," Xavier says before walking past us. I look at Luna as she watches him walk away. She looks at me with her eyes narrowed.

"What was that about?" I roll my eyes at her.

"He was apologizing about almost killing Brax but it's not really any of your business," I go to walk past her to get into my car and she grabs my arm. I look at her. She glares at me.

"I don't like you and I don't know why Luc does. If I find out you hurt him in any way? I will make your life a living hell," I look into her eyes.

"I don't need you to like me. I'm the wife already. Your approval means nothing to me," I pull my arm back and get into my car.

BRAX

Jake unlocks Poppy's apartment door and holds the door for me. I grunt while walking in. I take my shoes off and my jacket. Jake watches me for a moment. I look at him. "Thanks," He nods.

"Don't worry about it," He runs his hand over his face. "I have to get back to Karen. She is sick and won't stop throwing up," I give him a concerned look.

"Maybe bring her to the hospital?" He nods.

"We are going to go tomorrow if she doesn't get any better,"

"Alright. Tell her I said hi," He mumbles something while walking out. I walk through the living room and open Poppy's door trying not to wake her up.

I look at her for a moment to see her passed out. The blanket wrapped around her naked body enough to cover most of her. The sight of her alone made my dick jolt. I smile while looking at her before going to her closet. I grab a towel and a pair of sweatpants.