FIFTEEN

I open the front door to see Knox standing there. He looks at me before looking at Brax. He looks him up and down before looking back at me. "Do you have time to talk?" He asks nervously.

"I don't actually, Knox. I just got back and I am exhausted," He nods slowly.

"I can just-," I shake my head at him.

"I didn't call you and tell you to come over. I don't even know how you found out that I was back in New York," He scratches the back of his head.

"Oh, um, I drove by when you were getting out of the car," I rolled my eyes and looked away from him.

"I don't have time to talk to you but I can make some tomorrow," I say looking back at him. He gives me a small smile. His gaze goes on Brax.

"Hey," He says. Brax turns to me.

"I'll talk to you tomorrow, Snowball," I give him a small nod. He walks around Knox and walks down the stairs. Knox looks back at me.

"He went to Michigan with you?" I cross my arms.

"Thanks for stopping by," He takes the hint and turns around. I let out a heavy sigh as the front door closed. I walk into the kitchen and open the fridge. I grab out a can of soda and open it.

"Is everything okay with you and Brax?" Creg asks. I set my drink down and looked at the counter.

"I think things with Brax are more confusing than things with Knox," I mumble.

"I didn't mean to interrupt what was going on in the bedroom," I turned and looked at Creg.

"No, it's okay," He nods slowly and clears his throat.

"So, Kelsey?" I smile.

"She is single," I answered his unspoken question. He grins.

"Is she looking?" I grin.

"I told her that I would introduce her to you and she got extremely excited," He chuckles.

"Go to bed, Muffin,"

The next day comes by quickly forcing me to address the situation with Knox. My hand shakes nervously as I open the front door to him. He gives me a warm smile. I give him the best one I can manage as I close the door behind him.

"Hey, Studs," He says softly. I walk towards the living room and sit down on the couch waiting for him to do so as well. He follows suit sitting with his face towards me. His smile falters a little as he searches my eyes. "What's wrong?"

Taking a deep breath and deciding to rip off the bandaid. "Knox, I'm not ready to get back with you. I'm not even sure if I want to. These past few months have been great. I feel like I can breathe. When we were together I felt like I had to be a certain person just to make you happy. I don't want to go back to that," He hums.

"So what exactly are you saying? That you don't want to get back together?" I shrug.

"I'm not sure what I want. But what I want right now is to just be friends. Do you think that you can be okay with that for now?" He gives me a warm smile.

"Of course. Just as long as you promise that you'll think about us?" I look away from him for a moment before looking back at him.

"I'm thinking about it but if we do get back together? You have to give me space to breathe and be myself,"

"Okay," I let out a heavy breath.

"Okay," He grins while leaning back on the couch.

"I missed you, Studs," I roll my eyes and shake my head.