THIRTEEN

It's been a week filled with Mom's cooking, Dad's storytelling, Jake being well Jake, and just hanging out. I got to know Karen a lot better and I have decided that I like her a lot. Brax has really won over both Mom and Dad although winning Mom over was easy.

We decided that we were going to go home on Saturday morning, which is tomorrow. I had to get back to school and Brax had to get back to work. I have no idea what that is. He doesn't tell me what his job is. But I haven't exactly asked.

I roll onto my side and raise my hand to feel an empty bed. I picked up my head to see that I was the only one in the bed. I groan and look up at the clock. It was noon. I slip out of bed and get dressed in Brax's sweatpants and his T-shirt.

I walk down the stairs as I hear Jake and Brax laughing. I start walking towards the kitchen as they walk up the stairs from the basement where Jake's own personal gym is. Brax was shirtless and had sweat dripping from his hair to his biceps. I gulp as I stop walking. I look at him just drooling and thankful that he hasn't noticed.

"...Yeah, and Miles is really good at it too," I stop dead in my tracks as I listen to Jake talk about Miles coming over. They get to the last step and turn to each other still talking about it until Brax's gaze goes on mine. He smiles.

"Hey, Snowball," Jake turns to me with a smile on his face. I fold my arms and glare at him. He arches an eyebrow.

"What did I do?" I scuff.

"Miles? You are inviting Miles over?" He scratches the back of his head nervously.

"Yeah, I didn't think you minded much considering you have a boyfriend," He says while motioning to Brax. I narrowed my eyes on him.

"Boyfriend or not doesn't give you the right to invite him over without asking me. You don't see me inviting Tiffany over here," He winces when I say his most recent ex.

"She lives in Tennessee," He mumbles. I growl. He throws up his hands. "Alright, I see your point. I should have asked. But to be fair, you guys haven't been together in like three years,"

"That doesn't matter, Jake. They were together for almost a year," Mom says as she walks into the kitchen. Jake looks at her and sighs. I roll my eyes and take a deep breath as the doorbell goes off.

"I'll get it," I mumble knowing it is Miles.

"Are you sure?" Jake asks nervously.

I turn on my heel and walk towards the front door. I open the door and a skin-kissed tan hits me almost instantly. Black silky hair, baby blue marble orbs shining with the help from the sun, a Hollywood smile, and abs for days come into view. Miles's smile drops a little as he takes me in while leaning on the door frame.

"My, my. If it isn't Poppy Adams," His heavy Tennessee accent rolling off of his tongue. I take a deep breath as I grip the door tighter.

"Miles," I say like I could care less. He takes a step towards me causing me to hold my breath. His hand goes on my cheek as he stares into my eyes.

"It's been forever since I last saw those beautiful flakes," He whispers. I swallow harshly and peel his hand off of me. I take a step back and hold the door open for him.

"Jake is waiting for you in the kitchen," I mumble. His hopeful eyes fall a little as he takes his eyes off of me. He takes a step inside before turning back to me.

"I'm guessing you didn't know I was coming over?" I shake my head while closing the door.

"He didn't even ask me. Although, I'm not surprised since you moved back here when we broke up," He swallows harshly.