TWENTY

I glance at the clock on the end table and sigh as it reads 4:34 a.m. I look away from it. The arms around me move slightly and then I'm being pulled into Brax's chest more.

"How long have you been up, Snowball?" His husked morning voice drives my mind and body crazy. I turn and look into his eyes. He looked really tired.

"Since 2:30. You can go back to bed," He runs his hands over his face before looking at the clock. He looks back at me and gives me a small smile.

"You should have woken me up," I shake my head.

"Who wants to be up at 2 in the morning?" He narrows his eyes with a frown.

"You didn't have much of a choice in the matter. Next time wake me up, okay?" I give him a slight nod. He kisses my forehead before sitting up. "Is there any reason why you are up?"

"No. My mind is just awake," He pulls me onto his lap so my legs are on each side of him. I look into his eyes which seem to be okay now. "Are you angry with me? Or upset?" He searches my eyes.

"Why would I be?"

"Because of the Luc thing," He gives me a small smile.

"No, Poppy. I'm not angry or upset with you. I'm more upset with myself about it. Other than what my father made him do, I have no reason to be angry with him. I can't be angry about him and Pricilla anymore because I have you and I'm not angry about it anymore. I think you were right. I do need to talk to him," I give him a warm smile.

"I will be right next to you if you want?" He smiles while bending down to kiss me. I kiss him back. He pulls back and puts his forehead to mine. He takes a deep breath causing me to pull back to look at him. "What is it?"

"I have to tell you something. I don't know how you are going to handle it," I search his eyes with a confused look of my own.

"Okay?" He grabs my hand and kisses my palm.

"I know from Miles and Jake that you don't take it lightly about racing?" I nod slowly as my heart rate starts to skyrocket. He swallows harshly. "I am a racer," I pull back from him and he searches my eyes.

"Wait, what?" He looks away from me.

"Racing is a big anger outlet for me. When my mom passed away I was extremely angry. I lashed out at everyone and everything. I got arrested more times than I can count but my uncle was the cop," He shifts so I am sitting on the bed while looking at me.

"I let Carl talk me into going to see a race. After seeing one race I wanted to experience it for myself and when I did, all of my anger went into the gas pedal. I wasn't angry at the world after that. I know you almost lost Jake to racing," I look out the window with a deep breath.

"Yeah, I did. I brought him to the ER barely breathing," I breathed while looking at him. His eyes held sadness in them and it broke me. "Can we figure out a different outlet for your anger? I don't want to think about you going to these races and not know if you are going to come back to me," He places his palm against my cheek while looking into my eyes.

"You are my outlet now, Poppy. If you can promise to bring me back from any darkness that I may find then I will stop racing," I give him a warm smile as I lean towards him. I place my lips on his and kiss him with a promise.

"I promise to be your light in your darkness," I breathe. He looked into my eyes for a moment before pulling me into another kiss which was heated.

He shifted us so that I was under him keeping our lips connected. I gasped as he entered me softly. I moan into his mouth and he swallows it as he bottoms out hitting my sweet spot. I dig my nails into his shoulders and down his back as I pull back from the kiss.