NINE

POPPY

A hand sliding down my body to my ass causes me to stir in my sleep. The first thing I noticed was that I was sleeping on a hard chest. The second thing I noticed was that my arms were around me. I open my eyes slowly. I looked around the room feeling relieved that I was in my bedroom. I look down to see Brax's sleepy face. I smile.

He looked so sexy while he slept. His eyes closed and his lips parted slightly. His soft breathing met my ears. I could feel his chest move up and down under me. I bite my lip as I look at him. His hand flexes on my ass which was almost bare to him due to me being in only panties and a T-shirt.

I glance at the clock to see we still have a little over an hour before his alarm is set to go off. I wiggle out of his arms without waking him up and mentally pat myself on my back. I walk over to my closet and get dressed quietly. I put on matching panties and a bra before putting on skinny jeans with some tears in them. I then slipped on a slightly bigger shirt. I put on some socks and walked out of the room.

I looked at the TV to see it was on one of Creg's TV shows about flipping houses. I hear something in the kitchen and I walk to it. He was standing in front of the stove in nothing but white sweatpants that hung a little low. His boxers were creeping out. Creg was hot and if he didn't remind me a lot about Jake then I might have been into him.

"Hey," I say softly while opening the fridge. He swings around to see me and smiles.

"Hey, Muffin. I am making bacon and eggs," I pour myself a glass of orange juice while looking at him.

"Yummy," I cheer. He chuckles as he puts the last of the bacon on a plate.

"I figured you were going to be hungry before your flight," I hum as I sip on my drink. He turns to me while putting some toast in the toaster. "How are things going with you and Brax?" I shrug as a blush creeps on my face after remembering yesterday.

"Things are great. Why do you ask?" He turns to me and leans against the counter. He takes a deep breath and his face holds an emotion I am not used to seeing on him. Concerned.

"Brax went through a lot with an ex," I nod slowly while sitting on the counter.

"I am aware. He told me," He nods slowly while crossing his arms.

"It took him a very long time to trust anyone after he lost his mom. Then he trusted Priscilla and she broke him. I thought that he would never bounce back from that. Then you came," I tilt my head while listening to him.

Brax lost his mom? That was something he didn't mention. He barely mentioned his family or friends. I know about Luna and Creg. But nothing more. Unless you count his exes.

"Brax really tried not to trust anybody or let anyone in but with you, it just comes naturally. It's like you are a guarding angel. I would hate for him to lose that because I don't think he will come back after you," He admits. I swallow harshly as my throat goes dry. I look at the ground.

Did he think I was going to hurt Brax? That I was just using him because I'm hurting about breaking up with Knox? I can see why he would think that. Knox and I broke up over four months ago. I hadn't shown even the littlest sympathy for losing him. No wonder Creg thought I was going to hurt his best friend.

"Creg-," I start but then Brax walks in. Creg stares at me for a moment before looking at him. He then turns around and continues what he was doing. Brax looks at his best friend for a moment before looking at me with a soft smile.

"You left the bed?" I nod.

"I did," He folds his arms.

"You look like you are still tired?" As if that were a signal, I yawn.