TWENTY-THREE

I finish off my food as I look at Brax for a moment as Michael gets off the phone with his wife. He gives us an apologetic look as he sits down. "I apologize. We just had a baby girl," I smile.

"It's okay," He smiles as he slides a folder on the table. I look down at it before looking up at him. He hums.

"So this has the contract in it as well as the locations of every gallery I own. My father's are in here too. I figured we could figure out a way to work with both," I nod. I pick up the folder and open it.

I look at the different types of papers and hum while tapping my nails on the table. I clear my throat while looking at him. "Everything looks promising. I will have to go through it more later and let you know," He hums.

"Of course. Take as much time as you want. My father and I are taking our private jet tonight to Paris. We will be returning in a week for a high-class gallery event. You are welcome to think about it until we return. And as always, you two are welcome to join the event,"

"Thank you, Michael,"

"No, thank you, Poppy. You are extremely talented," Brax stands up and holds out his hand. Michael stands up and takes it. They say a few words before Brax pulls my chair out for me.

I walk over to Michael and he wraps his arms around me lightly. "I'll be in touch with you," I pull back and give him a warm smile.

"I look forward to it,"

When Brax and I got back to the apartment, Luna and Miles were sitting on the couch talking and laughing. Miles looks at me as we walk through the door. He gives me a small smile before standing up.

"Hey," I say softly while walking over to the dining table and setting the folder down. He glances at it before looking at me.

"Creg let me in because Jake forgot a few things. Luna was here and we just started talking," I glance at the living room as Brax hugs Luna. I look back at Miles.

"It's okay. You are welcome here, Miles," He looks down for a moment. When his eyes go back to mine he swallows harshly.

"I figured things would be a little weird after the last time we spoke," I bite the inside of my lip.

"I understand how you feel, Miles. I do and I don't want to hurt you," He searches my eyes. "But we agreed to be friends because it is what is best for us. We weren't good together," He bobs his head.

"I wasn't expecting things to change after I told you, Poppy. I was just tired of hiding it from you. I was never good at hiding anything from you. Brax is good for you and I wouldn't try to ruin that for you," I let out a small smile before wrapping my arms around him. He wraps his arms around me and takes a deep breath.

"I'm sorry, Miles,"

"Don't apologize for being happy, beautiful," He pulls away and looks down at me. I look towards the door to see Jake walking in. He looks at us and raises his eyebrow.

"Everything okay?" I look at Miles and he looks at me with a smile,

"Yeah," I look back at Jake confused. "You guys have your apartment. Why are you in mine?" He rolls his eyes while walking over to the couch and sits down. He practically lays on Luna.

She looks down at him as he lays his head on her. "Excuse me?" He looks at her.

"Don't move," She scuffs while pushing on his shoulders.

"Move," He chuckles while sitting up and turning to her.

"I missed you. You are still a little firecracker," She giggles.